Why are people melting down today?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
This is reminding me of the wrestling threads a few years aog when there was a new meltdown every week. Why the meltdowns? We didn't learn anything new today and heck, we even got to watch an entertaining first half. Oklahoma beat us by a lot. Did you not expect that to happen?

We got beat badly by a team that was supposed to beat us badly. What new things did you guys see that made you freak out? How are you newly mad based on what we already knew?

Save the meltdown for if we lose to Kansas next week.

What did you see at 3PM that you didn't know at 11AM?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This doesn't look at all like a meltdown to me. It lacks the passionate anger and number of posts to be a proper meltdown.
Today is more of a quiet grumbling. We all know that the team is bad. We vent for a little while and then drive on towards basketball.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
At least with SR at QB I thought we might have a chance to score a TD. Rohach has been QB for how long and how many offensive TD's have we scored? It is painful to watch. More painful than before.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'm just mad they played the first half like they did, and made me have to keep watching for the 3rd quarter to happen.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
There are a few undeniable truths in life...one of which is: Certain people (posters) will ALWAYS find something to b!+ch about.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
There are a few undeniable truths in life...one of which is: Certain people (posters) will ALWAYS find something to b!+ch about.

You're right because there's so much to be happy about with our football program. Why would people complain or want to change anything? It's just unbelievable that someone would "b!+ch" about our current football program. Crazy talk.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
You're right because there's so much to be happy about with our football program. Why would people complain or want to change anything? It's just unbelievable that someone would "b!+ch" about our current football program. Crazy talk.

I think his point was that it's stupid to come on here every single week and post the same thing over and over again. We figured out in week 1 who wants the coaches fired. They don't have to bring it up all the time.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Because CPR should have made some firings during the bye weeks and made adjustments. Now? I am staring at CPR and shaking my head. Probably time to move on folks. Not only do we look pathetic, it appears we can't even make proper adjustments. EVER.

Outcoached and outplayed every week.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
It's good that people are still ********, although it's pretty tame compared to other weeks.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
It's good that people are still ********, although it's pretty tame compared to other weeks.

I wasn't really referring to the existing stuff. Issues with the coaching, or not being happy with being 1-9. I expect that. I was more thinking about people acting like we suddenly found out that Oklahoma was a better team and it was a surprise.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
43067958.jpg

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This is reminding me of the wrestling threads a few years aog when there was a new meltdown every week. Why the meltdowns? We didn't learn anything new today and heck, we even got to watch an entertaining first half. Oklahoma beat us by a lot. Did you not expect that to happen?

We got beat badly by a team that was supposed to beat us badly. What new things did you guys see that made you freak out? How are you newly mad based on what we already knew?

Save the meltdown for if we lose to Kansas next week.

What did you see at 3PM that you didn't know at 11AM?

Agreed. Take the dumpster fire year for what it is and hope next season is better. And people, no way Mess stays at OC, so there is that too

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I wasn't really referring to the existing stuff. Issues with the coaching, or not being happy with being 1-9. I expect that. I was more thinking about people acting like we suddenly found out that Oklahoma was a better team and it was a surprise.

Got any examples of this, cuz I haven't seen it.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Because CPR should have made some firings during the bye weeks and made adjustments. Now? I am staring at CPR and shaking my head. Probably time to move on folks. Not only do we look pathetic, it appears we can't even make proper adjustments. EVER.

Outcoached and outplayed every week.

Lulz

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron