Why are people melting down today?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
What I don't understand is why the difference between the 1st half and the 2nd. Did the punt return make them cave? Were there no adjustments? Did they NOT understand how IN this game that they were?!?

I saw this dog in person. The OU fans I was with thought it was over after a quarter and a half. I'm sorry to say this, but there does not seem to be enough "hunger" on the part of this team

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
What I don't understand is why the difference between the 1st half and the 2nd. Did the punt return make them cave? Were there no adjustments? Did they NOT understand how IN this game that they were?!?

I saw this dog in person. The OU fans I was with thought it was over after a quarter and a half. I'm sorry to say this, but there does not seem to be enough "hunger" on the part of this team

Are there ever any adjustments with this offensive staff? Is anyone surprised we had zero second half points?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Really? How can that surprise you?

Because some people just refuse to acknowledge that we have a non-existent offensive coaching staff that is criminally guilty in wasting talent and grinding down an otherwise serviceable defense.

They falsely present this season as a "down year" due to youth and inexperience when in fact it's a disaster due to poor coaching. A disaster which will extend into next season. The coaching staff as it is comprised now isn't going to a bowl next season or the season after that regardless of the talent on the team because the talent will be under-developed and ill prepared to play in the Big 12.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Well, ive seen every game, so I guess you could say that's closely. We had a good first half...thought it might carry into the 2nd at least to some extent.

was I blown away surprised? No. Did I think we'd at least score? Yes. How foolish of me, huh?

Yeah, pretty foolish considering the ineptitude of the offensive coaching that's been on display for ten weeks.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
If we were putting up a real meltdown, the "fire all the coaches" thread would have a lot more than 3 posts from today.If we're not at apathy, we're very close. I know that this is the first year that students won't talk football around class. We care a little bit on gameday as a group, but the football threads pretty much die off for the week after today.I expect 3 threads tomorrow calling out people for negative thoughts/posts about the team, and about 7 threads during the week asking if this Kansas game is still a chance for a victory. Between those 10 threads, probably 150 posts. We just don't have the passion right now for a good meltdown.
Half the posters are burned out on melting down. The other half is burned out on those who have been melting down every week.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
was I blown away surprised? No. Did I think we'd at least score? Yes. How foolish of me, huh?
Very foolish. 1/2 :jimlad:

Total team failure in the 2nd half, without a doubt. But we're talking about the offense, and I feel no guilt in piling on an offensive staff that has proven to be completely inept under the *cough* direction of Messingham. The fact that we couldn't even stumble our way to a 2nd half FG attempt after OU adjusted speaks volumes about this staff's ability to counter mid-game. D-coordinators must be giddy at the opportunity to "match wits" against our offensive brain trust as a game progresses. I'm not nearly as down on the overall talent as some are as I think we've seen enough flashes to suggest that, if properly utilized, we have the skill necessary to move the ball and allow ISU to at least be competitive.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
Because some people just refuse to acknowledge that we have a non-existent offensive coaching staff that is criminally guilty in wasting talent and grinding down an otherwise serviceable defense.

They falsely present this season as a "down year" due to youth and inexperience when in fact it's a disaster due to poor coaching. A disaster which will extend into next season. The coaching staff as it is comprised now isn't going to a bowl next season or the season after that regardless of the talent on the team because the talent will be under-developed and ill prepared to play in the Big 12.

Wow! So insightful. Your knowledge is like a beacon of truth. Actually, I agree with most of your take, however, I think it falls short of being complete. You leave out something simple that seems to elude you, that too many others see. But you go on believing you've got all the answers. Still got that a-holy edge though, I see.