David Irving Arrested (UPDATE: Charges Dropped)

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Reading "The Scandal" - Mike Leach has 3 rules - not sure whether he really enforced this:
Leach has a trio of no-tolerance tenets that, if broken, will get a player kicked off the football team:
1. No hitting women.
2. No illegal drug use.
3. No stealing.
Second chances are unavailable. No questions will be asked.

Leach said "If they hit women, that means they're cowards; if they use illegal drugs that means they're selfish; if they steal, that means they are not trustworthy".

MyLifeAsADog

Oct 30, 2013
Not trying to get lambasted here at all, but my short interactions with him a couple of years ago leaves me not shocked one bit. I had made a rather minor joke about something on twitter and he replied in a pretty malicious way, telling me he was going to "hunt me down and run through me". That was followed up by a couple of other choice racial words to me, about my family and what he would do to them too. I blew it off as a young guy losing his temper and forgot about it and needless to say I stopped being one of his followers on twitter as well. I know this is totally opposite of his ministor-like public attitude, but it happened. Take from it what you want.

Sad deal really. You gotta hope the woman is ok and the child wasnt too damaged in this latest incident.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
will.gif

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Not trying to get lambasted here at all, but my short interactions with him a couple of years ago leaves me not shocked one bit. I had made a rather minor joke about something on twitter and he replied in a pretty malicious way, telling me he was going to "hunt me down and run through me". That was followed up by a couple of other choice racial words to me, about my family and what he would do to them too. I blew it off as a young guy losing his temper and forgot about it and needless to say I stopped being one of his followers on twitter as well. I know this is totally opposite of his ministor-like public attitude, but it happened. Take from it what you want.

Sad deal really. You gotta hope the woman is ok and the child wasnt too damaged in this latest incident.

I'm not surprised by this one single bit.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

A "minor" joke about him? What did you say?

MyLifeAsADog

Oct 30, 2013
A "minor" joke about him? What did you say?
Honestly I cant remember, but as you know sarcasm or jokes dont always relate or come through correctly in words on twitter, but it was rather pedestrian I promise you. I am not into insulting or causing issues with the people I follow on twitter. I closed that account about 6 months ago or i would go back and find it. I just really remember his reaction because I was so shocked and disgusted by it.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Do they have more trouble with the law or is it that when an athlete gets arrested, everybody writes/reads about it (unlike a random chemistry major)?

I honestly think it is a little of both. We make these kids as intense as possible; lifting weights, being aggressive all the time, having a chip on their shoulder. I know I would have a hard time turning it off.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Do they have more trouble with the law or is it that when an athlete gets arrested, everybody writes/reads about it (unlike a random chemistry major)?

You bring up a good point. I'd like to see the percentages of football players charged with crimes compared to the general student body.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I honestly think it is a little of both. We make these kids as intense as possible; lifting weights, being aggressive all the time, having a chip on their shoulder. I know I would have a hard time turning it off.

You could be onto something...I don't really know.

But there is no denying that these guys/gals are much more visible than the rest of the student body, especially when they do something wrong.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron