Most Pathetic Wussies Ever

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I am flat out embarrassed with how many posters on this board are carrying on about all things currently bad with the Cyclone football program. We all knew this would be a challenging season. Many posters calling for the head of Rhoads and Mess should be ashamed of the perceptual damage YOU are doing to this program. Many of YOU are stating reasons why recruits will not come here now due to poor coaching and development. Many of YOU are stating because of this coaching staff's issues this year the sky is falling. Get a grip. If I was a recruit, I would question many of the ISU fans on this board. Would I want to be associated with all this arm chair finger pointing and negativity?

If I was a recruit, I would trust my instincts on the relationship I have built with the staff and my future prospective teammates. Not the negativity that many of YOU posters are putting out there.

Grow up, grow a sack and go positively represent this fan base and root for this team.

I'll positively rep the fan base when the team gives us something positive to take from the games. Or when Messingham gets fired, whichever comes first.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Are you serious? Not even close to the worst season in ISU history. You probably were not around in the Criner/Walden days.
I can't say I'm old enough to remember those, but how in any way were they worse than a 1-win season in 2013? Aside from having 0 fan support back then, they would have to be pretty darn near identical.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Are you serious? Not even close to the worst season in ISU history. You probably were not around in the Criner/Walden days.

Give it three weeks and then ask if we as a school have ever lost eleven games in one season? If so, this season is comparable to whiner Criner days or Walden walk the Plank days. If you lose, it essentially does not matter if you lose by 7 or 70, both of which we have done this year.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Here's the thing....you can be upset and mad that the football season is a disaster. But at some point you have to accept it. And then when changes are or are not made, you'll have to decide if you are OK with them. And then you'll have to decide if you will still support Rhoads. But beating a dead horse is not worth it.

dead-horse.gif

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Interesting.

What's your vote for worst season?

Because 1-11 w/ a loss to UNI has got to be up there. Top five, right?

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
After some careful reflection upon reading this thread, I have decided the OP correct. 1-8 is freaking awesome. I am sorry I was ever ashamed of losing to UNI, I realize now that I was being overly critical. 1-11 is awesome. It's like 6-6 without the hassle of going to a bowl game.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
After some careful reflection upon reading this thread, I have decided the OP correct. 1-8 is freaking awesome. I am sorry I was ever ashamed of losing to UNI, I realize now that I was being overly critical. 1-11 is awesome. It's like 6-6 without the hassle of going to a bowl game.

YES!

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
The real wussies are those who believe that everyone should get a trophy and it's not okay to be negative. There are winners and losers in life, and right now we are losers so we need to make changes to get better. If someone doesn't do their job correctly, they lose it, that's how it works in the real world. If pointing out the problems with the football program is wrong, then go ahead and be happy with 1-11 seasons for the rest of your life.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Those that accept losing as the status quo, are losers. The people that challenge losses in the interest of getting better and getting better coaches (enter x out Mess here), are people that want to win. I personally don't want a football program that is a perennial loser anymore. I am doing my part by buying tickets and attending games spending money. Now I want CPR to do his part and get a OC that can call a decent game.

Reactions: Judoka

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

It certainly makes travel plans around the holidays easier to make.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
We aren't wussies because we are ticked off about a 1-8, likely 1-11 season. If you can't handle the negativity that comes with getting embarrassed and winning 1 flipping game out of 12 in what is the WORST and weakest the big 12 has been in the last ten years then maybe you're wussy who loves losing. Fans are going to be ticked about 1-11, get over it. That line of thinking, that we need to grow up and nut up because our football team is 1-11 and that we should just show full support of everything Iowa State no matter what is the reason every other school in this conference laughs their *****'s off at us consistently and why we don't respected and our picked dead last every year before the season starts. I support ISU and I will support these players but I won't support people who are getting paid to lead our program into complete and utter failure. They laugh at us because we are the only fan base who really isn't that mad about accepting crap (1-11 season) or that we gave a coach a 10 year extension after 3 straight losing seasons.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
It's always funny to see all the CF members that show up on Mondays with their "unique" takes on everything that has happened over the weekend. You can always tell who doesn't have an internet connection at home.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I don't agree with calling for CPR's head, but there has been absolutely nothing to indicate that Mess can get the job does as OC. I think it is crazy not to call for a new OC at this point.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
No way does a recruit make up their minds by reading a message board on the internet. They might look at it...but they don't make their decision good or bad by reading one! Every school has the exact same thing (anonymous negative posters) so it is an equalizer.

Don't make the posters or the website (as great as it may be) more important than it really is...it is not a tool that aides recruitment!

Uh, Nigel Tribune originally decommitted because of what he was reading on a message board. Jake Campos decommitted from Missouri because of what he was reading on a message board. But we probably don't want players like that because they're soft right?

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012
It's always funny to see all the CF members that show up on Mondays with their "unique" takes on everything that has happened over the weekend. You can always tell who doesn't have an internet connection at home.

This didn't just happen over the weekend. It's been going on at ISU for decades and decades. It's called a culture of losing. And it isn't just the losing part that upsets people, it's the acceptance of it.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I am a wuss if I say we are bad? Because I have been a wuss for a while now....

When you go on and on and on and on and on and on annnnd on about - yep. Thanks for sharing. Now Grow a sack. Get a job. Move out of your parents basement.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
We aren't wussies because we are ticked off about a 1-8, likely 1-11 season. If you can't handle the negativity that comes with getting embarrassed and winning 1 flipping game out of 12 in what is the WORST and weakest the big 12 has been in the last ten years then maybe you're wussy who loves losing. Fans are going to be ticked about 1-11, get over it. That line of thinking, that we need to grow up and nut up because our football team is 1-11 and that we should just show full support of everything Iowa State no matter what is the reason every other school in this conference laughs their *****'s off at us consistently and why we don't respected and our picked dead last every year before the season starts. I support ISU and I will support these players but I won't support people who are getting paid to lead our program into complete and utter failure. They laugh at us because we are the only fan base who really isn't that mad about accepting crap (1-11 season) or that we gave a coach a 10 year extension after 3 straight losing seasons.

So our fans our the reason that we get picked last in the conference every year? I'm thankful that you and all others like you continue to show why there is no reason to ever give any credence to anything you say.

Last edited:

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
When you go on and on and on and on and on and on annnnd on about - yep. Thanks for sharing. Now Grow a sack. Get a job. Move out of your parents basement.

Oh thanks,

I am glad I have that off my chest. You are the best ShopTalk.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron