Most Pathetic Wussies Ever

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
When you go on and on and on and on and on and on annnnd on about - yep. Thanks for sharing. Now Grow a sack. Get a job. Move out of your parents basement.

Wow you reeeeeeeally showed him. I just love posters like you who post nothing but sarcastic personal attacks because you don't know enough about what's going on to make a valid argument. Keep up the good work.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
Pretty sure filling the stadium in November with only one win says more to recruits than some fans questioning the coaches. Speaking of the coaches, these guys get paid a lot of money and are in the public eye constantly. Criticism comes with the territory. They're big boys who can handle it.

This!

I can't imagine a recruit is on CF and is thinking 'wow, I am very surprise at all the negativity surrounding a horrible football season. Most of the other fan boards I visit only have rational, even tempered posters who are more understanding of injuries, recruiting misses, and youthful players.'

Fan turnout easily trumps internet venting. By a mile.

gordocyclone

Nov 10, 2013
We have a long history of a "losing culture". I ran into Johnny Majors a couple of years and had a great conversation about Iowa State and the football players that played for him. He absolutely loved Iowa State! He has a special place in his heart for us. He told me that he had only one negative and was that many people at Iowa State told him they didn't care about winning as long as we played hard! He couldn't understand that attitude. He said why keep score if you don't care about winning. That same attitude is displayed on this board that was expressed to Johnny Majors when he was at Iowa State. Unless we change our losing culture and not accept losing we will never get any better no matter who is coaching.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
We have a long history of a "losing culture". I ran into Johnny Majors a couple of years and had a great conversation about Iowa State and the football players that played for him. He absolutely loved Iowa State! He has a special place in his heart for us. He told me that he had only one negative and was that many people at Iowa State told him they didn't care about winning as long as we played hard! He couldn't understand that attitude. He said why keep score if you don't care about winning. That same attitude is displayed on this board that was expressed to Johnny Majors when he was at Iowa State. Unless we change our losing culture and not accept losing we will never get any better no matter who is coaching.
. Yep.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
After some careful reflection upon reading this thread, I have decided the OP correct. 1-8 is freaking awesome. I am sorry I was ever ashamed of losing to UNI, I realize now that I was being overly critical. 1-11 is awesome. It's like 6-6 without the hassle of going to a bowl game.

Please continue to cry about how terrible we are. That way when iowa or nebraska or kansas state has a bad season we can feel proud that no matter how bad things got for them, we wined and cried harder than any other fanbase in the country. That my friend will make cyclone nation proud.

After all, nothing produces more results on ghe field than obnoxious message board posts.

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012

Johnny Majors was the best football coach we ever had. And he hit it right on the nose. This post says all that needs to be said about this topic.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I find it funny that people are still melting down after a loss. You'd think that they would have gotten the memo that we stink. Maybe by the 11th loss they will get a clue.

gordocyclone

Nov 10, 2013
Agree TensasCy Great coach and man. I got to go Clyde Williams to see him coach a couple of games when I was a kid. Fond memories. Loved talking to him and his wife. Great people. He told me that he hated to lose. Come on Cyclone fans let's follow his example!!

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Here's the thing....you can be upset and mad that the football season is a disaster. But at some point you have to accept it. And then when changes are or are not made, you'll have to decide if you are OK with them. And then you'll have to decide if you will still support Rhoads. But beating a dead horse is not worth it.
You're going to get in trouble talking rationally like that......

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Yeah guys. Accept the 1-8 record. Buncha crybabies. By the way, does anyone want to pay me $2 mil a year to fail at something?

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Step up your donations and tickets to get the next level is/was the request.
Fair Enough.
Evaluate after next year, then say where are we with the reason for the investment request.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
This is getting good....

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
The real wussies are those who believe that everyone should get a trophy and it's not okay to be negative. There are winners and losers in life, and right now we are losers so we need to make changes to get better. If someone doesn't do their job correctly, they lose it, that's how it works in the real world. If pointing out the problems with the football program is wrong, then go ahead and be happy with 1-11 seasons for the rest of your life.

Strawman argument 1. We all think ISU deserves a trophy yes and we dont want any changes.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yeah guys. Accept the 1-8 record. Buncha crybabies. By the way, does anyone want to pay me $2 mil a year to fail at something?

Do you have $7 million to buy the contract out. (I'm just guessing, but that's probably close) plus a strategy for next year???

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Those that accept losing as the status quo, are losers. The people that challenge losses in the interest of getting better and getting better coaches (enter x out Mess here), are people that want to win. I personally don't want a football program that is a perennial loser anymore. I am doing my part by buying tickets and attending games spending money. Now I want CPR to do his part and get a OC that can call a decent game.
Strawman argument 2. We all accept losing.

Or maybe we dont see the point in panicking or coming on here whining about it

Last edited:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Here's the thing for the complainers. If you don't like it then do something about it. Come crying in a free site after every loss gets nothing done. We as fans hold the real power. Don't support the program. That's why Dmac got "fired". Pollard will have to make a change. But I get the sense that most of the outspoken complainers don't support ($) the program in the first place. Money talks and ******** walks. All I'm hearing right now is a bunch of ******** from a bunch of bullshitters.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I can't say I'm old enough to remember those, but how in any way were they worse than a 1-win season in 2013? Aside from having 0 fan support back then, they would have to be pretty darn near identical.

Interesting.

What's your vote for worst season?

Because 1-11 w/ a loss to UNI has got to be up there. Top five, right?

Challenging season, yes. But did anyone think it might be the WORST SEASON IN PROGRAM HISTORY? I bet just about nobody did.

1994?

0-10-1

Anyone?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I'm still 100 percent behind Coach Rhoads but if we suck like this next year he needs to be fired. Too early to panic this year but next year he's fair game.

I still haven't forgotten the good times we've had in recent years. That buys him some patience with me.