Grant Rohach to start vs. TCU

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Haha........oh this is such a mismanaged Mess at this point, why not, I guess.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
How many snaps until he gets pulled for Richardson? I need a vegas over/under for this.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The merry-go-round begins. Coaches will mess with the confidence of both guys. Fans will savage each one and lose faith in both.

How hard does it have to be to manage this position?
I like what Rohach brings to the table, but this is putting him in an impossible situation again, and it's probably not helping Richardson.

But, this is what we know how to do. Let's go back and do it again.

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
I think the coaching staff needs its own 'depth chart' with those at the bottom 'transferring' out immediately.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
At this point Richardson may be in an iron lung and needs to heal.

This. I dont think its a slap at Richardson at all. Give the guy some time to heal up. He wont ever get that chance with nagging injuries if you continue to throw him out there. This season is wasted. Heal the broken.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
So the SR experiment is over? Next guy in! After watching the past two games it seems pretty obvious that SR is not injured as bad as people want to think. He has simply been ineffective.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I've been thinking about this and I'm curious to hear others thoughts. Obviously we don't give up on this year, but is it wise coaching to put some folks in there for game reps for experience? Do you play some of the seniors more that haven't got reps as a "thank you?" Again, probably no "right" answer, I am just curious. I mean, Levi Peters looks like a beast out there, why not give him reps to get even more hungry for competing for a spot next year?

Is this strictly performance based or is Sam still injured?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Can anyone tell me what Richardson has done that makes him the #2 guy? I watched the whole game Saturday and not at 1 point did I think Rohach was a better quarterback than Richardson, did he even complete 10 passes?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
So the SR experiment is over? Next guy in! After watching the past two games it seems pretty obvious that SR is not injured as bad as people want to think. He has simply been ineffective.

True. But GR hasn't really looked any better. SR did have two awful, drive killing inaccurate passes in the 1st quarter. He did a few good things too. QB management has not been good these past few years. We should've kept Barnett around too.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I've been thinking about this and I'm curious to hear others thoughts. Obviously we don't give up on this year, but is it wise coaching to put some folks in there for game reps for experience? Do you play some of the seniors more that haven't got reps as a "thank you?" Again, probably no "right" answer, I am just curious. I mean, Levi Peters looks like a beast out there, why not give him reps to get even more hungry for competing for a spot next year?

Is this strictly performance based or is Sam still injured?

Listening to the postgame, Richardson lost the job, not due to injury. Lost the job to a guy that worse than him, this is new to me.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Can anyone tell me what Richardson has done that makes him the #2 guy? I watched the whole game Saturday and not at 1 point did I think Rohach was a better quarterback than Richardson, did he even complete 10 passes?

Injuries. Pretty simple actually...

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
I would hope it is because Richardson is injured. Rohach has done nothing to make me belive he is the better option like last year when Richardson looked way better than Jantz and Barnett.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
True. But GR hasn't really looked any better. SR did have two awful, drive killing inaccurate passes in the 1st quarter. He did a few good things too. QB management has not been good these past few years. We should've kept Barnett around too.

100% agree with this. Rohach cant even get the team to the red zone. Played the whole game and not one time did he lead the team to the red zone!