Iowa football contacts ISU's Big 12 opponents about lax security at JTS

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Saw this in the CR Gazette - don't know if it's been posted yet? Unbelievable...

The following day, Iowa’s director of football operations, Paul Federici, in an email thanked Van Ryswyk and Iowa state trooper Durk Pearston for their assistance. But Federici let it be known that he had contacted future Iowa State football opponents about the situation. “I have recommended to Oklahoma State, Texas Christian University, University of Texas, and Kansas University to take every security measure necessary when they each travel to ames [sic] later this fall,â€￾ Federici wrote.

ISU police zero in on suspect in locker room heist | TheGazette

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
Absolute adolescent move by someone who should be an adult and role model for the players in the program. Idiots running that iowa FB program. I wonder if he'll send another letter letting them know they need to watch out for iowa fans, once it comes out who really committed the crime?

Reactions: GMackey32

Krug

Sep 4, 2010
Ankeny
Absolute adolescent move by someone who should be an adult and role model for the players in the program. Idiots running that iowa FB program. I wonder if he'll send another letter letting them know they need to watch out for iowa fans, once it comes out who really committed the crime?

Source?

I dont blame him. Let other teams know they should watch there stuff because ISU wont.

Reactions: CyDude16

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
This kind of stuff is why you should never root for the Hawkeyes, unless perhaps they are playing Penn St.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Source?

I dont blame him. Let other teams know they should watch there stuff because ISU wont.

BS this is absolute bush league. It was one random incident and he is making it out to be common place at JTS. Stupid hok logic as usual.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Hey, fair is fair. I know after Vodka_Samm jumped on the field during that Iowa game, I personally called the appropriate authorities at Western Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Michigan and told them to be on the lookout for marauding bands of rampaging skanks at Kinnick Stadium.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This kind of stuff is why you should never root for the Hawkeyes, unless perhaps they are playing Penn St.

Are you kidding.... not even then should you root for Iowa.

Even the Hawk fans I work with believe that someone inside the Iowa football program stole this stuff. If that ever turns out to be the case, I hope we get apologies from the U of I. I'm sure we won't though.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I fail to see the problem with this. Some of you need to take your blinders off.
No, it's bush league. It means Iowa doesn't "trust" ISU to take the issue seriously, and also wants to portray us poorly in our conference. If I were JP, this would damage the ISU-Iowa relationship...

Reactions: CTTB78

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
escalated.gif

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
Source?

Patience Grasshopper. Even if it was someone that isn't a hawk fan or if the guilty are never found, this is still the move of an infantile cerebral paralytic. Adults don't act this way unless they are scared of the cross-state competition.

Last edited:

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Saw this in the CR Gazette - don't know if it's been posted yet? Unbelievable...

The following day, Iowa’s director of football operations, Paul Federici, in an email thanked Van Ryswyk and Iowa state trooper Durk Pearston for their assistance. But Federici let it be known that he had contacted future Iowa State football opponents about the situation. “I have recommended to Oklahoma State, Texas Christian University, University of Texas, and Kansas University to take every security measure necessary when they each travel to ames [sic] later this fall,â€￾ Federici wrote.

ISU police zero in on suspect in locker room heist | TheGazette

Disgusting . . . unsupervised stunt. That program is a joke.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
Are you kidding.... not even then should you root for Iowa.

Even the Hawk fans I work with believe that someone inside the Iowa football program stole this stuff. If that ever turns out to be the case, I hope we get apologies from the U of I. I'm sure we won't though.

Even if it turns out to be an iowa fan, there is still no need for an apology. Bad security is bad security no matter who the guy cheers for.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron