Iowa football contacts ISU's Big 12 opponents about lax security at JTS

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
Also, if i can play the devils advocate, how do we know this type of info sharing isnt commonplace among football ops guys?

Never mind me, just continue jumping to conclusions.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
Even if it turns out to be an iowa fan, there is still no need for an apology. Bad security is bad security no matter who the guy cheers for.

Unfortunately it is extremely hard to find good help in the minimum wage, rental security guard ranks. They are almost all hawk fans, and McDonalds and Waste Management have already scooped up all the highest achievers.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Even if it turns out to be an iowa fan, there is still no need for an apology. Bad security is bad security no matter who the guy cheers for.

It happened once. You Iowa idiots act like this is common place. My guess something like this has happened at Iowa at some point in time. This is a lame doosh move by your beloved black and gold sqwaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
I fail to see the problem with this. Some of you need to take your blinders off.

I agree. Imagine if the roles were reversed. All these same posters would be blasting their security for being "bush league" while applauding anyone in our athletic department who spoke out against it like this. It's the truth and everyone in this thread knows that would happen.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I agree. Imagine if the roles were reversed. All these same posters would be blasting their security for being "bush league" while applauding anyone in our athletic department who spoke out against it like this. It's the truth and everyone in this thread knows that would happen.
You think our football ops director, or someone else in the AD, would actually contact all the Big Ten teams who play at Kinnick this year to take extra precautions in security? You're delusional...

Reactions: CyPlainsDrifter

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Sad part is that it was more than likely a sober hok fan who really wanted Rudocks phone. Stupid EIU snitches..

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

If Pollard or anyone in the AD department called schools to warn them about such and such school having bad security I would be embarrassed. This is what 4 year olds do.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I don't know about everybody else but I hope the culprit is a hawk loser just the same.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

You're not the brightest bulb on the tree are you? When I said it was most likely an inside job, I mean that nobody broke into Iowa's locker room Einstein. In fact, from what I know, there were no signs of any kind of break in.

When I say it was an inside job by someone in the Iowa football program, I'm talking about an athletic trainer, waterboy, etc. Someone on Iowa's staff that had access to the locker room.

Most people I've spoken with, including many Iowa fans, believe that it was most likely someone within their own program. Either that, or a crooked security guy did it. But that would be the fault of the security, not ISU's.

From everything I've heard from both Iowa reporters and ISU reporters, it is virtually impossible to get into the visitors locker room. Security is that tight. This was some kind of inside job by either someone from Iowa's staff or a crooked security guard.

And for Iowa to notify these other schools is just bush league BS. It makes ISU look bad, and they know it. I hope this backfires on them and makes Iowa look like the whiny little b***h that they are.

I doubt if Jamie Pollard would ever warn other schools about how terribly the ISU football team is treated when they go to Kinnick.... but then again, Pollard has too much class to do that.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Complete Bush league by Iowa, and a classic attempt of changing the subject. The real crime was the brutal beating and assault that occurred to the ISU OL and DL. Just like Hok fan to complain about petty crime, and ignore assault and battery.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
The guy is just being needy. Poor poor Hawkeyes. They're so lucky they have a savior like him who publicizes his "efforts" rather than acting like a professional and doing it privately.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cell phones are probably laying on the table of an Iowa football player's low income housing apartment.

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
This isn't news. Don't you figure after the Minnesota bathroom incident that Gary Barta warns all teams that when Iowa comes to town you can expect hawkeye fans will be performing sex acts in public restrooms.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
it wasnt random. stuff was stolen during the UNI game as well.

Got a source on this, donkey? Not that I don't believe you, just put a name to it.

When I was a student at Iowa, I worked parking,and we had to put in some game hours. The security that was hired was called 2 Star, and that was probably 2 stars too many. We called them 2 tooth. We had to call some real cops because the security detail was rifiling through unlocked vehicles that parked the night before.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This isn't news. Don't you figure after the Minnesota bathroom incident that Gary Barta warns all teams that when Iowa comes to town you can expect hawkeye fans will be performing sex acts in public restrooms.

Yeah... Minny's athletic department should have contacted everyone else in the Big 10 and warned them about how their fans might get raped in the restrooms by Iowa fans when Iowa comes to town. That would be about the equivalent of what Iowa is doing here.

Like someone else said, it's something a 4 year old would do.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If Pollard or anyone in the AD department called schools to warn them about such and such school having bad security I would be embarrassed. This is what 4 year olds do.

So if you belonged to a club, and while out on the course your locker was rifled through and when you got back you found that someone had ripped you off, and you had some buddies/acquaintances who you knew had a tee time the next day, you wouldn't suggest they take some extra precautions to make sure it didn't happen to them?

This butthurt is all about the fact that it happened at Trice and Iowa is calling them on it. If this had happened to the Cyclones at Kinnick and ISU had contacted teams that were coming in you'd love it for the embarrassment it would cause Iowa.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah... Minny's athletic department should have contacted everyone else in the Big 10 and warned them about how their fans might get raped in the restrooms by Iowa fans when Iowa comes to town. That would be about the equivalent of what Iowa is doing here.

Like someone else said, it's something a 4 year old would do.

Except first, they were both Iowa fans. Second, it was consensual. But other than that, yep. Spot on analogy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron