What...no report on Eikmeier after the 2/9 "gamewatch"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I was baffled to see no post about Eikmeier's game on 2/9 so I did a little research and found out why: He only scored 4 points on 1-6 shooting (he was 2-2 from the line).

Apparently Wahoo Neumann ran a triangle and two targeting Eikmeier and Liekhus. Liekhus scored 11.

Some other kid stepped up for Eikmeier's team and they did win the game pretty handily.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Wow, so he had a bad night. Big deal. Cyclone #1, you have been on an Eik witch hunt from the beginning. What gives? He is a shooter and is exactly what our team needs. No one on this existing team can be trusted to hit an open 3 (lucca doesn't count yet). Be happy he is our recruit.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Eikmeier was not a factor and neither he nor the coach had a problem with it. He wasn't needed and he's unselfish. The other team didn't want him to score and their wish was granted. They still got stomped.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Eikmeier was not a factor and neither he nor the coach had a problem with it. He wasn't needed and he's unselfish. The other team didn't want him to score and their wish was granted. They still got stomped.

You all know I have been skeptical about this kid while others have raved about how great he will be at ISU. If Wahoo Neumann (which I doubt is loaded with DI talent) can shut him down then how will he fare against major DI players and especially Big 12 opponents?

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
You all know I have been skeptical about this kid while others have raved about how great he will be at ISU. If Wahoo Neumann (which I doubt is loaded with DI talent) can shut him down then how will he fare against major DI players and especially Big 12 opponents?

Does Eik have teammates like Wesley Johnson and Craig Brackins? He isn't going to get double teamed at the D1 level. It's pretty simple.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny

You could very well be right, but wow dude, WE GET IT.

bluehooper

Apr 10, 2006

I look at this completely different than you are. I am all the more impressed with Eikmeier after a game like this. Obviously his scoring wasn't needed for his team to win this game. Let's not forget basketball is a team game and the idea is for your team to win, not to see how many points a person can score. So he didn't assert himself and only took 6 shots. Big deal!! He was clearly un-selfish and a team player. I will be concerned if this happens in a game where they DO need him to score a bunch to win the game. This game means absolutely nothing!!

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
I was baffled to see no post about Eikmeier's game on 2/9 so I did a little research and found out why: He only scored 4 points on 1-6 shooting (he was 2-2 from the line).

Apparently Wahoo Neumann ran a triangle and two targeting Eikmeier and Liekhus. Liekhus scored 11.

Some other kid stepped up for Eikmeier's team and they did win the game pretty handily.

I think we need to start bashing you for your research ability. That line was from his game Friday night (2/8), not 2/9.

Todd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

They gameplanned to keep Wes from scoring...the result was a 23 point loss. I don't think anyone believes Big XII teams will ever have the same approach to guarding him.

Seriously, most people think he will be a good shooter in D-1. That's not too much of a stretch in most people's opinion.

Obviously you feel Mac can't evaluate talent at all and has absolutely wasted a scholly on this kid. Time will tell, I guess.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Does Eik have teammates like Wesley Johnson and Craig Brackins? He isn't going to get double teamed at the D1 level. It's pretty simple.

Is "Eik" playing against the likes of Chalmers, Rush, Roby, Walker, Abrams, Augustin, and Beasley? He won't need to be double teamed at the DI level. It's pretty simple.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I think we need to start bashing you for your research ability. That line was from his game Friday night (2/8), not 2/9.

Good catch. You would hope the story on 2/10 would be from 2/9 but it is from 2/8. I guess they are still using typewriters at the Fremont Tribune!

So, what happened on 2/9...the gamewatch game against Omaha Christian Academy played at Grace University?

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
... so a team threw a junk defense at him and shut him down for one game ... if by shutting him down you mean that he took 6 shots, scored four points ... but then the team that threw the junk defense lost by 23 ... well, KU is more than welcome to throw a triangle and two at us if it means Iowa State wins by 23 ... why are we even having this discussion?

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
deliberately going out of your way to bash recruits does not show any class whatsoever. I'm thoroughly disappointed in your behavior as a cyclone fan cyclone#1.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
They gameplanned to keep Wes from scoring...the result was a 23 point loss. I don't think anyone believes Big XII teams will ever have the same approach to guarding him.

Seriously, most people think he will be a good shooter in D-1. That's not too much of a stretch in most people's opinion.

Obviously you feel Mac can't evaluate talent at all and has absolutely wasted a scholly on this kid. Time will tell, I guess.

This has never been and indictment of McDermott's recruiting or even of this kid. It has really been meant to bring some small amount of balance to the utter euphoria most on this site have about the kid and what he can do at ISU.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Is "Eik" playing against the likes of Chalmers, Rush, Roby, Walker, Abrams, Augustin, and Beasley? He won't need to be double teamed at the DI level. It's pretty simple.

Are any college kids that will eventually play DI guarded by guys like that day in and day out? If they run him off screens and he has a quick release he will have time to shoot.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
This has never been and indictment of McDermott's recruiting or even of this kid. It has really been meant to bring some small amount of balance to the utter euphoria most on this site have about the kid and what he can do at ISU.

Bottom line is, if you can't support our players, current or future, then you are not wanted here. Go away.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Are any college kids that will eventually play DI guarded by guys like that day in and day out? If they run him off screens and he has a quick release he will have time to shoot.

I assume you mean HS kids rather than "college kids". Your insinuation is correct but I would submit that the quality of opponents that young Eikmeier is seeing in Nebraska HS BB is far different than someone playing HS ball in say Chicago, or New York, or Detroit, or Dallas, or LA...I hope you get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.