Stephen Ruempolhamer

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
He is a late signer, I guess. I was getting nervous about not having at least one big interior D Lineman signed but noticed in the register today we had him, so I did a little bit of research. I think this kid is going to be an absolute sleeper. He is apparently from Holland originally and moved to the Tulsa area where his high school team won a state title and he had a fumble return for a touchdown in the championship game. He is big and fast and I am really surprised he flew under everyone's radar especially in the backyard of Oky, Ok. State, and Arkansas. I am ready for an active interior lineman in the likes of Carstens, Leaders, Curvey, and Rubin.

Here is the article: Mid-Iowa Newspapers - Hammer time

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
Gene mentioned on KXNO that both Texas Tech and Nebraska tried to steal him away after it was known that he was headed our way. I think he might be the biggest suprise in this class.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I don't think he was a late signer though. I think he was one of the earlier ones on Wednesday morning.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I *think* his HS, Union, is where coach Raney went to HS, or at least had some affiliation with. I know they were big rivals with Jenks who I follow quite closely.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
I like that he's had to climb the latter to get better. Hopefully he understands that that's what it's going to take here at ISU, for everyone. He seems like a great program rebuilding player. Dedication, work ethic, driven. Sounds like he could be a very good find.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The late signer was:
Brayden Burris
Offensive Line - OL

Height: 6-7 Weight: 250

Freshman

Previous Affiliations
Bishop Carroll
Hometown
Wichita, Kan

The guy that GC seemed vey high on as far as linemen was:

Scott "Adrin" Haughton
Offensive Line - OL

Height: 6-4 Weight: 310

Freshman

Previous Affiliations
Seminole
Hometown
Sanford, Fla

He talked about his atheltic ability and good speed and frame for a 310 pound kid.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
If you watch Haughton's highlight tape, the guy is amazing. I would be surprised if he is not the most athletic O lineman we have had in years. He can flat out run

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
I *think* his HS, Union, is where coach Raney went to HS, or at least had some affiliation with. I know they were big rivals with Jenks who I follow quite closely.

Raney was a HS assistant at Yukon, which is a suburb of OKC. And a little info about Union and Jenks for a friend of mine who lives in Tulsa. Basically, Union and Jenks are the two best HS football programs in the state. In the last ten years, either Union or Jenks has won the Oklahoma Class 6A championship (the biggest class), and as she told me, they are factories of players for OU and OSU. So it's good we were able to make some inroads there.

wyckoff9

Feb 15, 2007
He is a late signer, I guess. I was getting nervous about not having at least one big interior D Lineman signed but noticed in the register today we had him, so I did a little bit of research. I think this kid is going to be an absolute sleeper. He is apparently from Holland originally and moved to the Tulsa area where his high school team won a state title and he had a fumble return for a touchdown in the championship game. He is big and fast and I am really surprised he flew under everyone's radar especially in the backyard of Oky, Ok. State, and Arkansas. I am ready for an active interior lineman in the likes of Carstens, Leaders, Curvey, and Rubin.

Here is the article: Mid-Iowa Newspapers - Hammer time

Something doesn't add up. Maybe he is one of the stealth recruits that nobody could post about.
I lived in the Union school district and it is nowhere near "South Coffeyville." There is a South Coffeyville, Oklahoma but it is up near the Kansas border. Union is in south Tulsa.
Maybe none of the other colleges could find him?

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Actually I know the coaching staff at Jenks, and they don't produce nearly as many D1 FB players as you would think.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Would bet Haughton ends up on the D-Line ala Tuba.

If you watched Chizik's news conference (perhaps on the KDSM website), you would see that it's been talked about. Chizik and the coaches decided that Haughton (with Adrin's knowledge) would be a greater help on offense. 6-4 315, sculpted like a 280 pounder, can play guard or tackle. :notworthy:

The offensive line simply needs more athleticism. I have a feeling there are some defensive linemen they like already.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Something doesn't add up. Maybe he is one of the stealth recruits that nobody could post about.
Ruempolhamer, Linder and Laing were the three "stealth" recruits--the staff likely simply didn't want attention drawn to them. Especially Laing, I suppose, who really would have been hard to find. However, Ruempolhamer, at least was originally listed in the Rivals database as a junior this year.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Ruempolhamer, Linder and Laing were the three "stealth" recruits--the staff likely simply didn't want attention drawn to them. Especially Laing, I suppose, who really would have been hard to find. However, Ruempolhamer, at least was originally listed in the Rivals database as a junior this year.

I might add Burris to the list. There was a small blip in one of the Kansas papers, but not much if anything on rivals until he signed.

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
My bad, his team wasn't the state champ-but runner up and the touchdown return was in another game. I like the fact he has played ball a good part of his life, his 40 is great but bench seems weak for his size (that will need to be increased). At 6-3 285 they should play him this next season and not redshirt him. I believe both Nick Leaders in 02' and Jason Berryman in 03' played as true freshmen so it can be done sucsessfully.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
At 6-3 285 they should play him this next season and not redshirt him. I believe both Nick Leaders in 02' and Jason Berryman in 03' played as true freshmen so it can be done sucsessfully.

If they have enough players at the tackle slots, they should redshirt him to allow him to build overall body strength. He's still green, only two years playing US football, and his fith year would likely be more valuable than spot plays as a true frosh role player.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I think the plan is to redshirt him because he is pretty raw and needs some further development due to his history.

He's got the physical tools and the desire. I think he'll turn out to be a good one down the road.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron