Tailgating Hours on Saturday

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
From the article:

Paul Rhoads said:
They better have some EMT’s and paramedics ready to go because folks get dehydrated in the Jack Trice Stadium parking lot before the game.

Owns.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
When do the parking lots open?
Cyclone Club lots for cars open at 7 a.m. or 6 hours prior to kickoff, whichever is earlier, overnight parking is not permitted for cars. Cyclone Club lots for RVs open at 8 a.m. on the day before the game, and overnight parking is permitted. Public lots for cars and RVs open 6 hours prior to kickoff on gameday. Overnight parking is available for RVs only on a limited basis at Vet Med Lot 93, starting at 5:30pm the night before the game.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I could see the 7am thing changes for "safety". Be interesting if this includes the donor lots. Thinking NO because nothing on Cyclones.com.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Have they ever once inforced the hours of tailgating rules? For the Iowa game, people start lining up at 2am blocking the street and they just let them in.

Yeah, there's no way they dont open the public lots early for this game, unless they want to end up with a massive traffic line of those who will for sure show up earlier.

With 50k+ attendance routine now, maybe its time to just have 7am\6 hours before be standard for all lots, not just the donor lots.

MSPClone210

Jul 8, 2013
Minneapolis
When do the parking lots open?
Cyclone Club lots for cars open at 7 a.m. or 6 hours prior to kickoff, whichever is earlier, overnight parking is not permitted for cars. Cyclone Club lots for RVs open at 8 a.m. on the day before the game, and overnight parking is permitted. Public lots for cars and RVs open 6 hours prior to kickoff on gameday. Overnight parking is available for RVs only on a limited basis at Vet Med Lot 93, starting at 5:30pm the night before the game.

So 1 PM it is for Cyclone Club members? I'm confused on the "whichever is earlier"

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
So are we allowed to bring unopened water bottles into the game or is that just at Kinnick?

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
I believe the only time it isn't 7AM would be for a 11AM kickoff ie. lots open at 5AM

Am I correct?

Correct because 5 a.m. would be 6 hours before kickoff, which comes before 7 a.m., hence the policy stating 7 a.m. or 6 hours prior to kickoff, whichever is earlier.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron