Under the Dome

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Anyone else liking this show? It's getting weird, and I like it.

Thoughts on the kids that have powers?

Has there been a thread on this? This show has been solid. CBS has to be loving it. Pretty cool taking a Stephen King Novel and making a TV Series about it.

"The Pink Stars are Falling in Lines."
IFWT_CBS-Time-Warner_3.jpg

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It's a good Summer tv show. I don't think it'd fare well in the fall or spring.

Also, I've heard that they're remaking Tommy Knockers.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I read the book four years ago and it got weird quick and there was always a ton of things going on at once. It was entertaining though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Reminds me a lot of "The Event". Just getting weirder and weirder but now that I've starting watching, I have to finish.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've been watching it. I don't consider it a must see but now that I am watching I am curious about how this is going to turn out.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What? Its not a one time deal? I give up then. I was hoping it was just a miniseries like It.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
My brother-in-law is a freelance cinematographer from Wimington, NC (where the show is filmed) and is actually going to be an extra in episodes 9 and 10. I personally think it's quite good.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The writing on the show is terrible in my opinion. I like the show and watch it. However, I think they could do a lot more with some better writers.

Simple stuff like they don't have water and it becomes an emergency, then like 10 minutes later it starts to rain. Why didn't they drag that out and make the story line longer? All of the story lines start and end quickly except for the diabetes drug part.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
The show is weird as hell but that is expected for a show about a dome appearing out of nowhere. I didn't know there is going to be a second season.. I really don't want to wait that long to find out what caused the dome!

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
The writing on the show is terrible in my opinion. I like the show and watch it. However, I think they could do a lot more with some better writers.

Simple stuff like they don't have water and it becomes an emergency, then like 10 minutes later it starts to rain. Why didn't they drag that out and make the story line longer? All of the story lines start and end quickly except for the diabetes drug part.
I can't comment on how well they are following the book because I haven't seen the show, but for some reason I feel like the writers have their work cut out for them.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Is anyone still watching this train wreck of a show?

It's gets dumber by the week.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I started watching this on Amazon Prime just the other day, I think I'm like 3 episodes in but I really don't know if I can keep watching. I feel like the writing is terrible and the actors aren't much better which is a bummer because I thought the concept seemed like it could be interesting.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I started watching this on Amazon Prime just the other day, I think I'm like 3 episodes in but I really don't know if I can keep watching. I feel like the writing is terrible and the actors aren't much better which is a bummer because I thought the concept seemed like it could be interesting.

save yourself some time and don't. My wife is still watching it and there is very few redeeming qualities in it right now. Maybe there's something there for big B movie fans. Kind of like King's recent books.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm still watching. I'll admit I'm disappointed. There was a lot of promise here. If it would have followed the book it would have been great.
When it initially started I felt it had some promise but now it just a mess. It's kind of like Revolution. I still watch it for some reason even though it goes nowhere.
If it wasn't available On Demand I would not keep up with it. It's not like I am sitting around the house anxiously awaiting 9pm every Monday.

Help Support Us

Become a patron