NBA Offseason Thread

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yeah, I like the offer they made. 12 mil for one year with a team option for a second year. If he's as good or almost as good as he was in LA then he makes them a dangerous five or six seed. If he stinks or can't stay on the court, then cut him loose and continue the rebuilding process.

12 million still to much to pay for Bynum.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
12 million still to much to pay for Bynum.
Maybe for a different team. It's definitely a gamble, but one that could definitely pay off for them and doesn't really hurt what they're doing right now. They didn't have to give up any of their young core to make room. They were probably done chasing after any big free agent pieces after getting Jack. They can ditch him after one year if it doesn't work out and it sounds like even if they pick up the year 2 option, they'd still have plenty of flexibility to chase LeBron next summer. It seems like a pretty smart chance to take.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
One of my dreams for the 2013-14 TV season is for someone on Shark Tank to completely disregard Cuban's business advice and cite his post-championship management of the Mavericks as the reason why.

You realize that Don Nelson is the General Manager of the Dallas Mavericks, right? That Mark Cuban doesn't actually manage the club?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
You realize that Don Nelson is the General Manager of the Dallas Mavericks, right? That Mark Cuban doesn't actually manage the club?

I'm pretty sure they at least check-in with the guy footing the bill before blowing up the defending NBA champion roster. I know some owners are pretty hands off, but I highly doubt Cuban is one of them. They swung for the fences with big free agents because that's the route Cuban told them to go.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I just don't think the Heat are going to get better. I believe Wade and Bosh are declining.

Wade might be, Bosh certainly isn't. Long-term they will need to find a Center though because I don't know how many years Bosh has left of being able to play center for long stretches.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Wade might be, Bosh certainly isn't. Long-term they will need to find a Center though because I don't know how many years Bosh has left of being able to play center for long stretches.

Are you ****ing me? Bosh ****ing BLOWS!