NBA Offseason Thread

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Wade might be, Bosh certainly isn't. Long-term they will need to find a Center though because I don't know how many years Bosh has left of being able to play center for long stretches.

Yeah I think they'll go small much less during the regular season this year. I'm still hoping they land Oden but if not I imagine they'll play Anthony more during the year and save Bosh and Battier from taking such a pounding and wearing down in the playoffs.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Bosh is the second most important player on that team.

Remember your dealing with a Bulls fan who turned on Derrick Rose just because he's looking out for his long term health, this isn't the most rational basketball fan we're talking about here.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
hopefully coach LeBron can keep the Heat at title level.

If he's ever gonna pass Kobe he better take more responsibility than he is atm, which is saying alot, if you look at the franchise besides Pat Riley.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Other than a few plays he disappeared in the playoffs. Your the last person I would expect to make such a stupid comment.

His scoring went down a little, but it looks like his overall rebounding numbers went up. I just think he doesn't have a super flashy game so it seems like he disappears more than he does. He's far from "******* BLOWS". Who do you put ahead of him as far as PF/small-ball centers right now? You've got all time greats like Duncan, Garnett, and Nowitzki (although some of them are on the decline enough to be debatable), but after that? Do you put Griffin ahead of him? Maybe a healthy Kevin Love?

Last edited:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
His scoring went down a little, but it looks like his overall rebounding numbers went up. I just think he doesn't have a super flashy game so it seems like he disappears more than he does. He's far from "******* BLOWS". He do you put ahead of him as far as PF/small-ball centers right now? You've got all time greats like Duncan, Garnett, and Nowitzki (although some of them are on the decline enough to be debatable), but after that? Do you put Griffin ahead of him? Maybe a healthy Kevin Love?

The Heat also ask Bosh to cover as much or more ground than any other 4 or 5 in the league when defending the pick and roll and his jump shooting abilitly is crucial to the spacing of their offense.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I think they'll go small much less during the regular season this year. I'm still hoping they land Oden but if not I imagine they'll play Anthony more during the year and save Bosh and Battier from taking such a pounding and wearing down in the playoffs.

Now that the NBA is testing for HGH, Wade is going to start to fade, probably fairly quickly. Bosh becomes even more important then.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Nets sign Andrei Kirilenko. AK opted out of $10m in Minnesota and signed for $3.1m in Brooklyn.

One year after everyone expected him to sign with Prokhorov. That's a good pick up for them, you need multiple big forwards to throw at LeBron if you have any chance of beating the Heat. A 35 year old Pierce alone was going to be a terrible matchup for the Nets.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
A seven million dollar pay cut? That's fishy. Either AK and his agent badly overestimated his value on the open market, he really wants to play for a contender, or there's money under the table here.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
A seven million dollar pay cut? That's fishy. Either AK and his agent badly overestimated his value on the open market, he really wants to play for a contender, or there's money under the table here.

Well they did overestimate his value but I think he did take a discount to play with the Nets. Judging by twitter, there are some GM's out there that are a little confused.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This play basically sums up why Bosh is a D-bag and shouldn't be mentioned as a great power forward. Great power forwards don't do this BS.

boshflop.gif

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
This play basically sums up why Bosh is a D-bag and shouldn't be mentioned as a great power forward. Great power forwards don't do this BS.

boshflop.gif

lol. LeBron flops too, does that mean he's not a great player either?

You're letting your Bull's fandom/Heat hatred blind you here buddy.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
Monta Ellis signs a 3 year 30 million deal with the Mavs

The Nets and their signing of AK47 being seen by many NBA GM's as collusion. How does a guy that wanted 10 mill settle on 3 mill? There were a lot of other teams that could have given him more.