PS3 / XBox360 / Wii

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
no, the Umbrella Chronicles, I have the zapper, so its quite interesting, Im not big into RPG type games, so its something new for me.. though its quite fun, can really irk you off when you are supposed to shake the remote in the gun..

I'm enjoying the Zapper, even just Link's crossbow training is pretty fun. I haven't tried it on Resident Evil 4, but I don't think it will work too well since the trigger only locks on your aim, but you have to push the A button (which would be on top of the gun) to fire. Is Umbrella Chronicles the same way?

The zapper is really fun for the "end of day" stage on Rayman- Raving Rabbids, where you have to go around shooting plungers. Works really well, but leave the Nunchuk loose so you can still shake it to reload.

clone61

Dec 8, 2007
NE Iowa
In Umbrella Chronicles, the shooting is done with the B button or the trigger on the zapper, and you just shake the whole gun to reload, I just have issues when I am up against the end bosses and you have to wave/shake the remote to dodge.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I see, that could make the zapper pretty useful if the B button fires.

I plan to try Metroid soon, I've heard that is a great first-person shooter.

clone61

Dec 8, 2007
NE Iowa
Yea, its quite fun, Im not huge on RPG, but I love the benefits of the virtual console, just hoping they get Tecmo Super Bowl, instead of just Tecmo Bowl Soon!

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Just read this. WTF.

Description
One of the main advantages of consoles over PC is forgoing the hassle of installing games, but it seems that this won't be the case with the upcoming Devil May Cry 4.

Game reviewers who got their hands on the game clocked the installation time of the Playstation 3 version of the game to more than 21 minutes.

The Xbox 360 version of the game requires no such installation and it doesn't suffer from longer loading times. After 21 minutes of installation, the Playstation 3 version took 4 seconds to load a level while the Xbox 360 needed 5 seconds.

Don't know if anyone here reads Penny Arcade, but you should.

Penny Arcade! - We Are Only Trying To Help

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Yeah we beat him with about 90 stars, now I have 95. They are getting harder and harder, and I hate those blue comets, trying to race the mirror image is hard in some of these levels.

I had the purple comets even more, why, with their "collect all 100 coins!" objective. It sounds easy until you make one wrong move and fall off the edge of the level with just 3 coins to go. :no:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I had the purple comets even more, why, with their "collect all 100 coins!" objective. It sounds easy until you make one wrong move and fall off the edge of the level with just 3 coins to go. :no:

I think I have lost 60 guys on "Luigis Purple Coins" I am not sure I am ever going to get past that level!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
IBM announced that they will be moving the Cell Broadband Engine microprocessor from its current 65nm. Fabrication to the next generation High-K 45nm.

In addition to reducing the processor's die area by 34 percent, the smaller transistor size will also reduce its power consumption by 40%.

Smaller die size plus requiring less active cooling means that the processor powering the Playstation 3 will have its cost greatly reduced.

But Sony, who has been racking losses for every Playstation 3 sold, might choose not to pass those saving to the consumers. It all comes down to a compromise between cutting down the losses or attracting new customers.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
I think I have lost 60 guys on "Luigis Purple Coins" I am not sure I am ever going to get past that level!

Definately the hardest level in the game. Took me awhile, but I finally got lucky and beat it. I think there were about 2 tiles left when I finished :smile:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I hate chasing the space bunnies. I want to reach into the tv and strangle the little bastards.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Yeah, I just beat Super Mario Galaxy, but I haven't played all of the comet levels. Is there are reason to really continue? Is there anything more to happen?

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Yeah, I just beat Super Mario Galaxy, but I haven't played all of the comet levels. Is there are reason to really continue? Is there anything more to happen?

There's a cool little unlock after you get all the stars. I haven't gotten there yet, but I know what it is, and I won't spoil it. You basically get to play the game over again on "hard mode".

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Im probably gonna get a PS3 soon, never been an XBOX fan, but are there many games available on Xbox that arent on PS3? I know there used to be quite a few for PS2 but not XBOX back in the day.

It helps with a blu ray player, even though it might not be used a whole lot since they wear out fast.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Im probably gonna get a PS3 soon, never been an XBOX fan, but are there many games available on Xbox that arent on PS3? I know there used to be quite a few for PS2 but not XBOX back in the day.

It helps with a blu ray player, even though it might not be used a whole lot since they wear out fast.

There is nothing on PS3 I want to play. Alot of the bigger games coming out for PS3 are also going to be on Xbox360. As for blu-ray, Im still not sold on having a combo machine.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
MS did a good job of getting more games to there system this time around. This is the major reason I don't have a PS3 yet (GT 5 will probably be the seller for me).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron