PS3 / XBox360 / Wii

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
It helps with a blu ray player, even though it might not be used a whole lot since they wear out fast.

What do you mean wear out? The actual dvd or the player on the PS3.

I just got a PS3 a few weeks ago. Yes there is a limited amount of game selection but I'm sure that will change down the road. Anyone know when the new Metal Gear is coming out?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
All dvd/hddvd/bluray drives will wear out eventually, I don't know at what speed they do, but eventually they'll stop working.

Tom%20photo%20for%20tract.JPG

cj0227

Mar 21, 2006
Pleasant Hill
Target in ankeny has roughly 50 Wii's in its stock room right now. I am a target employee. They will be on sale sunday im guessing for ad. once we get them in they are usually sold the following sunday. u will have to get there early to get in line and if the line isnt big u can chill in ur car. usually around 4 or so people start showing up. then in the morning they will hand out tickets for however many wiis we have. or u could go in and ask if u could get one and see if they will pulll one from the stock room. prolly wont happen but worth a try.

I asked a guy in electronics not only did he tell me they didn't have any, but he said he didn't have any idea when they would be getting them.

I gave it a shot though. Thanks.

Aldude505

Jan 19, 2008
Iowa Falls
The Wii is made for a more 'family friendly' environment, with many games that a lot of people like to play (golf, bowling, boxing etc.) The PS3 and 360 are more for the serious gamers. A lot of people bought the 360 just because of the Halo series which is fine and I will be the first to say is an awesome game. But the 360 did come out almost a complete year ahead of the PS3 which means it is almost that far behind in its technology. The PS3 has a fast processor and dual video cards which can raise frame resolution by about 2x for 4x better. Really either system is very good, the 360 has a big advantage in one key component, Xbox Live. Multiplayer is where the 360 does the most damage to the PS3 superiority. Im waiting for PS3 to get its cards right before I shell out that kind of money for one.

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
I asked a guy in electronics not only did he tell me they didn't have any, but he said he didn't have any idea when they would be getting them.

I gave it a shot though. Thanks.

haha yea i knew that would happen. they do have them, but i dont think they are able to tell customers. but there are 50 or so of them that are going on ad on sunday.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
All dvd/hddvd/bluray drives will wear out eventually, I don't know at what speed they do, but eventually they'll stop working.

True but they will last a lot longer than you need them to. I have a DVD player that is about 15 years old. I almost wish it would break.

I can't speak for the Xbox drives. Considering that the 360 has a 20% failure rate it probably won't last too long.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
What do you mean wear out? The actual dvd or the player on the PS3.

I just got a PS3 a few weeks ago. Yes there is a limited amount of game selection but I'm sure that will change down the road. Anyone know when the new Metal Gear is coming out?

Its too bad its expired, but slickdeals.comhad a link for a preorder of Metal Gear Solid for only $30.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Its too bad its expired, but slickdeals.comhad a link for a preorder of Metal Gear Solid for only $30.

I saw that...I'm disappointed I missed it, but I'm pretty sure walmart will cancel the orders. They have in the past, but at least you can usually get a $10 giftcard for the inconvenience

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
FYI, if anyone is slightly interested, Microsoft will be selling the HD-DVD addon drive for 49.99 soon in stores to clean up stockpiles.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
Plus it's like 100 bucks cheaper than any of the competition. If the Wii had better graphics/games it would be killing both systems.
If the Wii had better graphics it wouldn't be $100 cheaper.

FYI, if anyone is slightly interested, Microsoft will be selling the HD-DVD addon drive for 49.99 soon in stores to clean up stockpiles.
If anyone wants to own a piece of history, I'll sell them mine for $30, I'll even give you King Kong!!