PS3 / XBox360 / Wii

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I am having a ton of fun playing mario galaxy right now. I am really glad they made it so the second person could do something. My 4 year old loves to play with dad, and collect all the star bits while I am running around doing other stuff. He gets so excited when we pass a level, and gives me a high five each time. The Wii was the best investment we ever made in a toy. The whole family loves it. Even adults love playing the games because they are simple and perfect, not complicated and overloaded with fancy graphics.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I was a Sony guy until the 360 came out, now I'll never look back. I'm usually a sports game guy but got Oblivion awhile ago and just got Ace Combat 6 and Lego Star Wars for Christmas (yes, I said Christmas...We're a Santa house:))

Ace Combat looks like you're watching a movie.

I thought Ace Combat was a PS game? I loved that game for PS2. The only thing they needed to add in that game was a flight simulator to sit in so I can spin with the plane.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
I grabbed a 40gb ps3 from best buy at 25 percent off. $400 is too much, but I can stomach $300. I'm leaning towards keeping the ps3 now, maybe it will be better in the long run, who knows. Maybe I'm thinking about this too hard

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
Assassins creed is fun, gets repetitive a little, but the action makes up for it. I could just run around that game climbing on buildings and killing people and whatnot and it'd still be a blast.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
I thought Ace Combat was a PS game? I loved that game for PS2. The only thing they needed to add in that game was a flight simulator to sit in so I can spin with the plane.

Mighta been. I don't remember it but that doesn't mean much. I played it awhile last night on the 360 and it's sweet!

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
We have a 360 and just got a Wii... I don't play the 360 much anymore, but my stepson does a lot.

We have a 2 (soon to be 3) yr old and a 10month old, so we thought the Wii would be good as they get a little older.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
The online play on the 360 IMO is better than the PS3. The PS3 doesn't have enough games that the 360 doesn't for me to want to get one of those. The Wii is lots of fun but again its aimed at a completely different audience.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
The Wii is definitely a niche market, although Super Mario Galaxy really is a great game for a lot of different kinds of gamers.

I think for now and the forseeable future the 360 beats the PS3 hands down. Xbox Live is the best online service by far, the number of quality games, I love my 360, I don't think I'd buy a PS3 for half the price, I just don't see the point if it has no games worth playing really.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Just read this. WTF.

Description
One of the main advantages of consoles over PC is forgoing the hassle of installing games, but it seems that this won't be the case with the upcoming Devil May Cry 4.

Game reviewers who got their hands on the game clocked the installation time of the Playstation 3 version of the game to more than 21 minutes.

The Xbox 360 version of the game requires no such installation and it doesn't suffer from longer loading times. After 21 minutes of installation, the Playstation 3 version took 4 seconds to load a level while the Xbox 360 needed 5 seconds.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Yikes that is bad..

On a good note, I just beat the final bowser in galaxy! That was fun!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yikes that is bad..

On a good note, I just beat the final bowser in galaxy! That was fun!

Dangit, Im a few stars short of getting there yet. I am having a blast with the Haunted House galaxies. The desert ones are fun as well.

clone61

Dec 8, 2007
NE Iowa
I beat Bowser quite a while ago, but only with the 60 Stars, now the challenge is to get all 120, beat it again and such.. but till I get back to that still working on Star Wars, Resident Evil and The Godfather...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I beat Bowser quite a while ago, but only with the 60 Stars, now the challenge is to get all 120, beat it again and such.. but till I get back to that still working on Star Wars, Resident Evil and The Godfather...

Resident Evil 4?

clone61

Dec 8, 2007
NE Iowa
no, the Umbrella Chronicles, I have the zapper, so its quite interesting, Im not big into RPG type games, so its something new for me.. though its quite fun, can really irk you off when you are supposed to shake the remote in the gun..

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Yeah we beat him with about 90 stars, now I have 95. They are getting harder and harder, and I hate those blue comets, trying to race the mirror image is hard in some of these levels.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
no, the Umbrella Chronicles, I have the zapper, so its quite interesting, Im not big into RPG type games, so its something new for me.. though its quite fun, can really irk you off when you are supposed to shake the remote in the gun..

I would like to try the zapper but am fearful that I wont like the games and will waste money.

clone61

Dec 8, 2007
NE Iowa
I also have Cabelas Big Game hunter, that one is also fun, but you just have to get used to the zapper and how you hold it for your own comfort level, plus its only 20 bucks for the gun, and they say you can technically use it for a lot of games though I dont see a real logic to that idea.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron