Silver lining in the cloud...

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Fraschilla was just tearing the officials a new one at the end of the game. I know it's of small solace, but I do like it when the announcers can recognize and call out a hack job. He was really letting them have it.

Van Pelt and Stuart Scott were going off as well at the start of Sportscenter. Just a complete travesty.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He didn't flat out say it like Fran, but you could tell Musburger knew the refs screwed over ISU as well.

Off topic here, but as long as I'm in the mood to rant and rave...Musberger was horrible tonight. Just awful. He referred to us as the Jayhawks a couple of times, once called us Kansas State, and said that Tim Floyd was coaching at Texas (it's actually UTEP Brent). I remember Brent when I was 8 years old on NFL Today, and that was 30 years ago. He's got to be at least 70 by now. Time to hang it up Brent.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
The cloud of what? **** streaming from the refs' whistles? That's all I could see.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Off topic here, but as long as I'm in the mood to rant and rave...Musberger was horrible tonight. Just awful. He referred to us as the Jayhawks a couple of times, once called us Kansas State, and said that Tim Floyd was coaching at Texas (it's actually UTEP Brent). I remember Brent when I was 8 years old on NFL Today, and that was 30 years ago. He's got to be at least 70 by now. Time to hang it up Brent.

Don't know about your other references, but when he was talking about Floyd, I heard him say he was 'coaching IN texas'.

And other than that.. I thought the whole night really was a great commercial for ISU and for Fred. At halftime when we got love from the commentators (all of them) saying they'd love to play for Fred, etc.. etc..

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I'll give you most of those, but I'm pretty sure he said coaching in Texas, which would be accurate.

He was better than the guy who was doing the last game who couldn't seem to pronounce a single player's (or the head coach's) name correctly.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
We are in. The way we played against Kansas shows we are a very good team. ISU needs to bottle this rage and unleash it on Oklahoma in the next game. The best cure for a loss is a win.

tee1up

Dec 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm tired of reading about how the commentators suck after every single game. I guess I just should read the threads, but come on..this was a lovefest for ISU all night long. What do you want an announcer to say?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Fraschilla was just tearing the officials a new one at the end of the game. I know it's of small solace, but I do like it when the announcers can recognize and call out a hack job. He was really letting them have it.

Van Pelt and Stuart Scott were going off as well at the start of Sportscenter. Just a complete travesty.

It doesn't matter what any of them say. ISU got ****ed in the *** and lost. The guys on the team are stronger men than me if they can continue to bounce back. We need to get in the tournament and find a way to finish a close game. I love this team.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I'm tired of reading about how the commentators suck after every single game. I guess I just should read the threads, but come on..this was a lovefest for ISU all night long. What do you want an announcer to say?

What do you expect me to write? That Musberger did an awesome job tonight? C'mon...

I will grant that he was raving about the atmosphere in Hilton and that was cool to hear, especially from someone as well known as Musberger.

If we had an officiating crew that knew when to pull their heads out of their a$$es I wouldn't be writing a single bad word about him. Let me just b!tch and fume for a little while, for crying out loud...

Help Support Us

Become a patron