To much credit being given to Mclemore

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009
In my opinion, everyone is giving Mclemore to much credit for his performance. The kid plain and simple had the game of his life. He shot out his ***! Everything he threw up went in! He didn't even get called for a single travel (even on the one where he took three steps from beyond the 3-point line, got fouled, and made two free throws) :mad: And to top it off, he BANKS in a shot to tie the game! That was NOT a good shot and would not go in 9 times out 10 but of course it did for him.

I do believe Mclemore is a good player and probably the best on Kansas's team but he is not as good as he showed last night. Kansas is very lucky that he had the game that he did because without his performance Iowa State wins going away!

D

DistrictCyclone

No, he's legit. Did you realize he scored his 33 points on only 12 shots? There's a reason a lot of people have been projecting him as a top 10 draft pick, and that stock definitely went up after last night.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It wasn't that everything he threw up went in. His shots looked good. Good moves. Good jumps. Good releases. Nothing but net (don't even think he lucky bank shot hit the rim!).

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Thought I heard that he only had like 12 pts with 7 minutes left in the game. He single handedly kept kansas in the game.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
I do think it's ironic that KU needed an out-of-this-world performance from one of its players to win this game (while we had a collection of solid performances). But McLemore is a stud, and I expect that to be a common theme for the Jayhawks throughout conference play. It is what it is, and he deserves the accolades he's received.

CyDaMan

Nov 12, 2011
Ate you serious? You high or just special? That kid is a stud! I agree on the bank shot but I'll eat crow if he lays an egg in conference play

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Let me know the next time he scores 33 points on 12 shots. In fact, let me know the next time anyone does.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
He is a stud. But I would be willing to bet he doesn't have a shooting night as good as he had last night the rest of the year. 6-6 from 3, 10-12 from the field, and 7-7 from the line. He was just in the zone.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Let me know the next time he scores 33 points on 12 shots. In fact, let me know the next time anyone does.

That is the sick thing. He could never have another game as good as he had against us and still be a lottery pick!

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Hey may not have many nights where he shoots that well, but he was making VERY tough shots for most of the night. He will definitely have more games where he takes over and dominates.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
He had a good game. He'll have better ones. He did, no matter what he says, did not call glass. You wouldn't do that. It was a bad shot but it went in. Just how it goes sometimes.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
He had a good game. He'll have better ones. He did, no matter what he says, did not call glass. You wouldn't do that. It was a bad shot but it went in. Just how it goes sometimes.

I think probably what he meant is that when it left his hands he called bank because he knew it was long. I've done that before.