To much credit being given to Mclemore

samwise45

Aug 19, 2012
He recognized that ISU was going to win unless someones stepped up, and that's exactly what he did. Bill Self said that he is going to start putting him in position to get more than 12 shots per game. It is doubtful he will ever be that efficient again, but he has a chance to score more than 33 points in a game again. I'm drooling over what he could do to Baylor. Who is going to guard him?

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
Being the best player in the Big 12 is one thing but consistantly doing what he did last night would be amazing! I never once said he wasnt a good player but everyone that expects him to keep shooting that well is crazy. Just look at the Temple game, did he look anything like he did against Iowa State? He has had some good games this year but he has also had some below average games too. If he doesnt shoot the way he did, Iowa State wins.

So in fact 100% of the credit goes to him?

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Ben McLemore's line against Tech 2-7 from the field, 0-4 from three and 6-8 from the line for 10 points.

LibertyCy

Dec 25, 2012
In my opinion, everyone is giving Mclemore to much credit for his performance. The kid plain and simple had the game of his life. He shot out his ***! Everything he threw up went in! He didn't even get called for a single travel (even on the one where he took three steps from beyond the 3-point line, got fouled, and made two free throws) :mad: And to top it off, he BANKS in a shot to tie the game! That was NOT a good shot and would not go in 9 times out 10 but of course it did for him.

I do believe Mclemore is a good player and probably the best on Kansas's team but he is not as good as he showed last night. Kansas is very lucky that he had the game that he did because without his performance Iowa State wins going away!
We will see with time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron