Iowa getting worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DistrictCyclone

Michigan is probably the best team in the nation right now- you should feel lucky you aren't playing them. Very impressive. Good luck against Kansas-you"ll need it

Virginia Tech is pretty good, too.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
If Iowa keeps playing like this, then I might have to make a trip to Carver later this year. I love getting free pizza!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
If Iowa keeps playing like this, then I might have to make a trip to Carver later this year. I love getting free pizza!
You can even set all your free pizzas in the seats in front, beside, or behind you instead of in your lap. There is always plenty of room in Carver.

D

DistrictCyclone

You can even set all your free pizzas in the seats in front, beside, or behind you instead of in your lap. There is always plenty of room in Carver.

It's a great place to go for some peace and quiet. Most people attending Iowa games are actually students who find the library a little too loud.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
if they keep playing like this? overreact much?

they just started big 10 play with the 5th and 2nd ranked teams in the country and lost by a total of 32 pts

WAIT, I thought the BIG 10 is the scariest conference this year in basketball?!?! HOW CAN IT BE EASY?
TallkidisTall must be on something. The Big 10 is clearly better than the Eastern Conference of the NBA.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
if they keep playing like this? overreact much?

they just started big 10 play with the 5th and 2nd ranked teams in the country and lost by a total of 32 pts

WAIT, I thought the BIG 10 is the scariest conference this year in basketball?!?! HOW CAN IT BE EASY?

Well when you don't have to play the #2 team in the country again this year it is only natural for a schedule to get easier.

But you are still correct in thinking the Big Ten is the scariest conference this year.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Well when you don't have to play the #2 team in the country again this year it is only natural for a schedule to get easier.

But you are still correct in thinking the Big Ten is the scariest conference this year.

And yet, Iowa fans were getting all hyped that they have a good chance for the NCAA.

Still at least a year away.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
how does Iowa always seem to get the best schedule when it comes to conference play. They only have to play the better teams in conference once, yet always get crappers like nebbie 2 times?

has worked out that way for them in football lately too, not having to play tOSU and Wisky.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Might want to keep your trap shut until we know how we will play @KU on Wed. That could be every bit as ugly. Hope not of course, but the potential is there.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Michigan is pretty good and athletic. Iowa not so much. Not saying Iowa is a bad team, but they will get run by in a lot of games this year, especially on the road. They will still win more conference games than ISU if the Clones don't start playing like a team, and stop with the unforced turnovers.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Might want to keep your trap shut until we know how we will play @KU on Wed. That could be every bit as ugly. Hope not of course, but the potential is there.

You're the master of being wrong in just about everything.

So I'll take anything you say with a grain of salt.

Plus you don't drink, and that is just weird.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
And yet, Iowa fans were getting all hyped that they have a good chance for the NCAA.

Still at least a year away.

I agree they will make the NCAA next year. I still feel they have a decent chance this year as well. If they get to 10 conference wins that would put them in with how tough the Big Ten is this year. If you take a look at the remaining schedule 10 wins isn't that impossible for this team.

Home:
Nebraska
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Michigan St
Purdue
Minnesota
Penn State
Illinois

Away:
Nebraska
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Purdue
Minnesota
Penn State
Indiana

I could see Iowa going 6-2 at home the rest of the way and it wouldn't be surprise me if they go 4-4 on the road the rest of the way to finish 10-8. Going 9-9 or 8-10 is probably more likely which would put them on the bubble and probably force them to win a couple in the BTT to get into the dance this year, but a 10-8 record and they would finish 6th or 7th in the conference and that should be good enough as they would be 21-10 overall.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Illinois, Mich, Mich St only once....? Nebraska twice?

Iowa has the lamest FB and MBB conference schedules in memory.......how does this happen? LMAO

D

DistrictCyclone

Iowa has the lamest FB and MBB conference schedules in memory.......how does this happen? LMAO

Cuz Iowa and Nebraska are "rivals", remember? Jim Delany said so.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008

Yeah, and still playing 8 of your 18 conference games against teams that will be in the top 25 is pretty lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron