Most Disappointing Athletic Fail

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Tied for the last spot to go to nationals my sophomore year of JUCO and I take 42 putts to miss it by three. The most embarrassing golf I have ever played. Defined the yips.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I forgot about intramurals. Derek Schmigdall absolutely obliterated me coming across the lane one time. I mean just leveled my ***.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Being an 85% free throw shooter as a freshman in high school and then proceeding to miss 6 straight in the final minute of a game and losing by 1 point. The day my high school career pretty much ended.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Got leveled by my old man after hauling in a pass in our family Thanksgiving football game a couple years ago. Cracked a rib and had to miss the Christmas game. I continue to get **** from him every time anyone in our family wants to go out and throw the ball around.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
In addition to the two fails I posted in the other thread, I got ejected from coed bball IM game. That was pretty bad.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Missing the 15 foot shot to tie up the game at the buzzer of the 4th grade Peach basket. Still haunts me to this day

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Were you putting with a flop wedge? Good God.

Should have been. It did cross my mind.

Tell us more about the greens for 42 putts.

They aren't tough. Spirit Hollow. The sad part is that it was blowing about 30 mph and I was pretty solid tee to green. In fact it was probably the best I hit the ball all year and I ****ed it all up with whatever it was i was doing on the greens.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
In addition to the two fails I posted in the other thread, I got ejected from coed bball IM game. That was pretty bad.

I almost got ejected from a bball IM game for arguing with a ref. But that was because the ref was friends with the other team and my 7 player team ended up with 30 fouls in the game. One more foul on anyone and we would have had to finish the game 4 v 5.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
My junior year of HS we went out to play CB AL/LC at Rosenblatt. As part of the #1 in the state at the time, I didn't see the field that much. I got in to pinch run, went first to third on a base hit and when my teammate stole second, I broke for home. I took a glance down to second to see if they were going to try to throw home or not, and proceeded to kick myself in the calf and fall flat. I still touched home, with my face.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Banned from ISU Intramurals my first year after taking a guy out during a soccer game. Intentionally kicked our goalie in the ribs and I wasn't going let that go without retaliation.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I loved sports, but never got into them in much of an organized fashion. Played rec league a bit in basketball and softball after I got out of school.

Probably the worst in softball was playing a night game and ran up on a pop fly to shallow left, stared right into the lights as I was running, noticed that I had run up too far, staggered backwards and fell on my butt, missing the ball by about 10 feet.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Oh lord I forgot about my try at hockey. Had never ice skated before. Got kicked out of a game because I checked someone. It really wasn't my fault, I didn't know how to stop or turn very quickly. I'm glad there's no video of this. I was awful.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames

Was it for fighting with me? :realmad: I got the boot in one of those too...had just started dating this girl on my team I really liked too. Pretty embarrassing. We've been married 7 years now...apparently she dug my dark side :yes:

PS- If it really was you, sorry about your face :sad:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I loved sports, but never got into them in much of an organized fashion. Played rec league a bit in basketball and softball after I got out of school.

Probably the worst in softball was playing a night game and ran up on a pop fly to shallow left, stared right into the lights as I was running, noticed that I had run up too far, staggered backwards and fell on my butt, missing the ball by about 10 feet.

Yeah this happened to me in a HS baseball game. It was my junior year and I was playing RF. Lost one in the lights, and they scored 2 and won the game. Ugh.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I sprained my ankle really bad on the opening tip off of a basketball game my senior year in high school. The kid against me didn't even jump (I'm 6'7" and he was like 5'10") and I landed right on his foot. Went down like a little baby. It was actually really funny to watch on film because the refs didn't stop the game and the ball went up and down the court twice while I just laid there and then crawled off the floor. Ended up missing 4 games because of it.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Not really sure if this is a fail or not. But my Freshman or Sophomore year in track I was running the 800 and I lost my Shoe at the beginning of the second lap. i still won the race, so whether it was a fail or not is still up in the air.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Sophmore year of High School going for my first dunk in a Varsity game, had a fast break all to myself and my knee just gave out... Went crashing into the pads behind the basket... Luckily I was able to flip the ball up and the guy behind me picked it up and scored for an assist.

Reactions: CycloneGamecock

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron