Where was Will Clyburn at tonight?

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
thinking he is Royce white but isn't strong or can handle the ball

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm thinking that Clyburn really isn't all that great. He's had 2 good games this year... that's it. Good players don't just disappear 2 out of every 3 games.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This one is on Clyburn; not Lucious. There is a reason Fred didn't put Long in.

Well, I hope that Long is in trouble or something because if Fred is afraid to play him against Iowa, he definately won't be able to play against anyone in the Big 12 either.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Clyburn put up 5 turnovers and 0 points in 24 minutes of play. He does not play strong and Iowa took advantage of his weak ball handling.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Well, I hope that Long is in trouble or something because if Fred is afraid to play him against Iowa, he definately won't be able to play against anyone in the Big 12 either.
I think there is a reason we have Maurice Jones transferring in with Monte Morris on the way, and Custer coming the following year. And its not because Naz Long is the second coming.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Iowa took advantage of his weak ball handling.

This. The Will Clyburn at PG a ala Royce last year needs to be over now. I realize that we do this when Korie is struggling and it's clear that Naz is not ready to be our backup PG but Will does not have enough of a handle to deal with smaller, quicker defenders.

Never thought we'd miss Bubu so much.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hats off to Babb. Let him take more shots. Same for Niang and Tyrus and Percy. In fact, the second team saved us from a 25 point loss. Suspect there will be some lineup changes.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
The whole team sucked a fat one tonight and Clyburn was completely lost again. We just do not have that go to guy this year or a ******* big man down low. Booker needs to ride the pine and start Niang. There was absolutely no flow on offense ******* zero. They better figure it out before conference play or it will be a long season. Iowa is not good at all and just ran us out of the gym. I just can't stand how many To's they commit and they have been doing it all season long so far and that is the coaches problem.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Will was in lala land tonight. Was not engaged in the game it seemed and never even seemed to even want to try to get going.

They were not ready for a press. Horrible execution on the press break and first 3 minutes they looked lost.
Korie has been terrible all season, I know it has only been 9 games but he is supposed to be a senior leader and is out there making freshman mistakes regularly. Obviously the only reason he is still playing the minutes he has been is because there is no one else that can handle the ball as the primary ball handler. Clyburn is NOT the answer. He is slow and his ball handling skills are not that great. They are adequate for a wing but not for a primary ball handler.

With that being said I will wait to pass judgement on the coaching game plans until the Big 12 season starts. Hopefully they learn quickly and fix the issues they have been having.

the one thing I think that worries me most about the game today was the lack of rebounding. I never saw the final startling fore it but it could not have been good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron