Bielema to Arkansas

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
First SEC >>>>>>>> B1G

However, Wisco >>>>>>> Arkansas.

This is an ego move, of course Belima is a Hok so not surprising.

I can't imagine the money would be that much different.

Wisconsin is the #3 job in the B1G, or am I missing something. OSU, Mich, Wisconsin, PSU (PSU used to be 3, then child molestation happened) the remaining eight besides maybe Nebraska don't carry any real national weight, but Wisconsin is an established program, with decent tradition and excellent backing.

Don't get me wrong I think it is funny, but I just don't get the logic.

Arkansas is a great job. I don't think he's a good fit but Arkansas is a better job than Wisky.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This is an ego move. He didn't build squat at Wisconsin and was handed the keys to a very good program. He's out to prove that he has what it takes to be successful on his own without Alvarez to help him.

Going to three straight Rose Bowls isn't building anything?

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
As long as he keeps making rose bowls, he'll keep getting paid very well in the big 10. Things are much more difficult in the SEC and the fans arent near as rational

Agree. Not sure I understand this move, but guess Bielema has a pretty big ego and thinks he can take on Saban, etc. Or maybe he knows Urban Meyer will have OSU kicking butt for years.

I think he is in for a rude awakening and pressure like he has never experienced at Wisky.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
time to swoop in and get some of those Wisconsin OL and DL recruits. I've been saying for awhile that we should be getting some OL out of Wisconsin

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
SEC West 1) Alabama 2) LSU 3) Auburn (look at their history, not just the past couple years with Chiz) 4 and 5) Arkansas/ATM 6) Miss St 7) Ole Miss

Auburn might be a solid #3 if Auburn can lock up Gus Malzahn(if all those rumors are true) as head coach since it was him alone that got Chizzlestick his championship ring. Malzahn has forgot more about coaching than mean Gene will ever be. Scam Newton helped as well but me thinks that Gus could get them back to where they were in not a lot of time.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Arkansas is a great job. I don't think he's a good fit but Arkansas is a better job than Wisky.

Really? At the very least they are equal. Arkansas hasn't done much since entering the SEC. Wis is going to their 3rd straight rose bowl. Now if you want to say he wants to compete against the best, that is fine, but he isn't going cause it is a better job.

This would be like CPR going to Vanderbilt. A job that is probably on equal footing currently, the potential payoff might be greater, but the better job is where he is currently.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I take it he won't coach in the Rose Bowl? Wow, this is a shocker. How / where does Arkansas get this kind of money - and how does their Athletic Budget compare with ours?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Does the Wisconsin opening make anyone else nervous?

Not really. It's Wisconsin. Any openings are crammed full of bratwurst and cheese curds within minutes. Nothing to be scared of. That's just the way they eat.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
When he's fired in 3 years for going ~.500 he will subsequently be the next HC at Iowa. Mark it down.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Does the Wisconsin opening make anyone else nervous?

I think CPR has to do better than 6-6 for "big time" programs to take a serious look at him. When we start winning 9-10 games a year, look out! I don't think the entitled Wisconsin fan base would be too excited about a guy with a losing record at ISU. They will want some snazzy name to ease the butt hurt.

Help Support Us

Become a patron