Bielema to Arkansas

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
As long as he keeps making rose bowls, he'll keep getting paid very well in the big 10. Things are much more difficult in the SEC and the fans arent near as rational

I bet you're really fun at parties...

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
As long as he keeps making rose bowls, he'll keep getting paid very well in the big 10. Things are much more difficult in the SEC and the fans arent near as rational

Maybe he thinks he's getting out while the getting's good. This year showed that his offense does look near as good without an NFL-caliber quarterback running the show. There won't be any NCAA sanctions holding back Urban and the Buckeyes next year. Seems like his road to the Rose Bowl is going to be MUCH tougher very soon.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
First SEC >>>>>>>> B1G

However, Wisco >>>>>>> Arkansas.

This is an ego move, of course Belima is a Hok so not surprising.

I can't imagine the money would be that much different.

Wisconsin is the #3 job in the B1G, or am I missing something. OSU, Mich, Wisconsin, PSU (PSU used to be 3, then child molestation happened) the remaining eight besides maybe Nebraska don't carry any real national weight, but Wisconsin is an established program, with decent tradition and excellent backing.

Don't get me wrong I think it is funny, but I just don't get the logic.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Wow. Not the sexy hire Arkansas was claiming they would land. Bielema is a decent coach but not among the bread winners that were rumored to go there.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Maybe he thinks he's getting out while the getting's good. This year showed that his offense does look near as good without an NFL-caliber quarterback running the show. There won't be any NCAA sanctions holding back Urban and the Buckeyes next year. Seems like his road to the Rose Bowl is going to be MUCH tougher very soon.

So now he is going to try to get to the BCS against, Saban and Miles, hahahahaha. Funny. Arkansas is at best the 4th best team in the SEC West, with aTm getting better maybe the 5th.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
I agree with this. Bielema was set for life at Wisconsin. Good enough tradition to get solid recruits, easy conference that allows 7+ win seasons with a shatty team.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Dear lord CPR create a pipeline for those Wisconsin OL recruits

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
So now he is going to try to get to the BCS against, Saban and Miles, hahahahaha. Funny. Arkansas is at best the 4th best team in the SEC West, with aTm getting better maybe the 5th.

Besides the point, but who are you putting as #3 in the west after Bama and LSU? Miss. St.? Auburn? Those are questionable at best, I'd say.

I guess my point was if you are at a BCS job where they love and appreciate you, yea, I would just stay there. But if Bielema thought he was going to start feeling the heat soon anyway, then you might as well start chasing paychecks.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I always thought Bielema was a bit of an idiot. The program made him more than he made the program. All he had to do was not eff it up. I think we will be much better off without him long term. Alvarez will make a good hire and Wisconsin will continue to roll. I can't imagine him having much success down in Arkansas. He'll get destroyed playing programs like Bama, LSU and Florida.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
This is an ego move. He didn't build squat at Wisconsin and was handed the keys to a very good program. He's out to prove that he has what it takes to be successful on his own without Alvarez to help him.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I agree with this. Bielema was set for life at Wisconsin. Good enough tradition to get solid recruits, easy conference that allows 7+ win seasons with a shatty team.

Isn't it obvious? He was terrified of the hell that Kirk Ferentz, furious from a miserable 4-8 record, was going to unleash on the Big 10, next season.

We're talkin' something on the scale of the Rave Massacre in the first Blade movie.

All that's going to be left of the B1G at this time next year, is a room full of blood, chewing gum, and stale farts.

As a former Iowa player, Kirk gave Bielema the courtesy of jumping ship before the slaughter begins, but make no mistake, Bret only continues living because the Captain allows it.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Besides the point, but who are you putting as #3 in the west after Bama and LSU? Miss. St.? Auburn? Those are questionable at best, I'd say.

I guess my point was if you are at a BCS job where they love and appreciate you, yea, I would just stay there. But if Bielema thought he was going to start feeling the heat soon anyway, then you might as well start chasing paychecks.

The guy just went to 3 straight rose bowls, granted this year it is a farce but it is still 3 straight appearances. That has to give him some equity.

SEC West 1) Alabama 2) LSU 3) Auburn (look at their history, not just the past couple years with Chiz) 4 and 5) Arkansas/ATM 6) Miss St 7) Ole Miss

I think that is pretty fair and right now Arkansas would have an edge over aTm but Sumlin seems legit and if Manziel is the real deal they will be tough to beat for the next three years.