Lucious Needs to wake up

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Some were saying the same about Chris Allen last year including me. I think these guys will figure out their roles and when they do, they can be pretty good

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
As frustrating as it was with Allen last year, I give him a lot of credit for changing. He was more of a scorer/sg than Lucious, and we didn't really have a PG all year. What's infinitely more aggrevating is to see a guy who is supposed to be this world beater PG consistently making the dumbest plays on the court through the first several games.

I think the coaching staff will get him to address it, but if not hello Naz Long.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I don't think we should be comparing Korie to CA last year at all. Korie is supposedly a point guard. CA was playing out of position, and for both him and Scotty, it showed. This is supposed to be where Korie plays......so why would we compare him to someone who was palying out of position? It would be like comparing James White trying to play quarterback as compared to Steele.

Unfortunately, neither PG for ISU has shown anything this year. Together, they have one more turnover than assist. However, I can forgive Naz because he is a freshman. Korie is a 5th year senior. He has been in the system for a year under CFH already. What's the excuse?

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I agree, that is what we had heard, his pg ability. Perhaps it will show up yet. I said in another thread, he needs to get used to playing with these guys. I wonder if he played with them in the summer league. We never heard that Allen was a point guard. Lucious has shown he can be a decent shooter if he is open and on jump shots. But what he hasn't shown is assists. He hasn't proven to be that great of a ball-handler. I am afraid at this point if anything is going to be our team weakness, it is turnovers. I don't see Naz Long as being an upgrade either at this point. I don't think McGee can really be the guy that runs the team and I don't see Clyburn being like Royce White, although Clyburn is a pretty good passer. I hope Hoiburg solves this puzzle, but I think our best bet is still Lucious, even though he hasn't shown that he can do it so far.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
This is exactly the reason the coaching staff has put such an emphasis on recruiting a highly rated pg in the next couple classes over getting some bigs. IMo having talented gaurds is moore important in the college game than having an elite big man, although having both would of course be best.

Last edited:

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
2 games this weekend: 62 minutes, 6-21 shooting, 2 assists, 8 turnovers, 6 fouls, 0 steals

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
He looks like a me player up to this point. Dribbling between his legs unnecessarily and it goes off his foot out of bounds or is stolen. Bad shot selection, too many turnovers. Not impressed at all. The team looks better with Naz at the point at this point IMO.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
So anybody is a better point guard than KL?
FIFY

My honest opinion is that he's not a high major PG. I hope I'm wrong and that he shakes out of it but I'm not sure that what we see isn't what we have.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron