Lucious Needs to wake up

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
in my opinion ejim is the guy that needs to step it up big time and be THE GUY. 3rd year in the system, more then anyone else. he should have his chit together

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I think he will improve; that said, he is "the guy that has played in two final fours". You would think his learning curve would be pretty short. He has seen teams and players like this for years. Not like an 18 year old freshman coming in.
Maybe he thinks the non conference season is only practice.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Some insight in DMR article, re: Fred's take on Lucious here

Excerpts:

“Korie and I had a good meeting Sunday night,†Hoiberg said. “We talked about trying to put together some things simple for him to get us going on offense — to get more guys touching the ball, get it shifted from side to side. It’s a process. I’m confident we’ll get there.â€

Related, but addressing overall team play:

“We’re trying to hit home runs right now — we’re trying to get a pass in a small gap, to fit it in a seam, when you can make a simple pass and get the ball moving from side to side. We have other guys that can make plays, so you don’t have to make the first little play you see. You have to trust the process — if Option One isn’t there, move it on to Option Two or Option Three. When we do that, we’re much more effective.â€

I saw a lot of that vs. UNLV — several times players seemed to either rush or force something they "wanted to work."

(I apologize if link was already posted or referenced.)

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
If you want to light your hair on fire GO FOR IT that just means it will be easier for me to get a ticket into Hilton later this season.

Did I miss a policy change at Hilton? No tickets for people with burnt/burning hair? I mean, I guess the actively burning part I can see, it's prolly a fire code thing, but if you're buying tickets, it's going to be out by the time you sit down.

All very confusing, this burning hair thing.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
in my opinion ejim is the guy that needs to step it up big time and be THE GUY. 3rd year in the system, more then anyone else. he should have his chit together

He is averaging almost a double double as a post player in a system where nearly 30% of the teams shots come from behind the arc...tell me how that is not solid. Not to mention he is clearly not the most athletic or physically gifted player on the floor for the cyclones, but he is effective

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Some insight in DMR article, re: Fred's take on Lucious here

Excerpts:

“Korie and I had a good meeting Sunday night,” Hoiberg said. “We talked about trying to put together some things simple for him to get us going on offense — to get more guys touching the ball, get it shifted from side to side. It’s a process. I’m confident we’ll get there.”

Related, but addressing overall team play:

“We’re trying to hit home runs right now — we’re trying to get a pass in a small gap, to fit it in a seam, when you can make a simple pass and get the ball moving from side to side. We have other guys that can make plays, so you don’t have to make the first little play you see. You have to trust the process — if Option One isn’t there, move it on to Option Two or Option Three. When we do that, we’re much more effective.”

I saw a lot of that vs. UNLV — several times players seemed to either rush or force something they "wanted to work."

(I apologize if link was already posted or referenced.)

And on that note, please proceed with another 6 pages of this BS.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I'm curious about your expectations for him.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Yeah?! Ejim has been consistent thus far..Just what exactly do expect of him? He is our best rebounder on the team. He occasionally misses easy high percentage buckets, but Clyburn has as well for that matter. Ejim is extremely valuable, and his hustle and aggresiveness obviously doesn't show on the stat sheet. Other younger players will notice Ejim's selfless sacrification on the court, and hustle and it will become contagious. That is the makings of an experience leader! Nobody should really question Ejim...

I'm curious about your expectations for him.

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Agreed no one should question Ejim. Personally, I think that Ejim has been great along with Tyrus. Will Clyburn has been very good too in my opinion, getting into the groove of things. On a separate note, is Maurice Jones in Ames now? I heard somewhere he may be arriving in Ames yesterday or today. It'll be nice to have him here with the team.