Non-Confernce Update..

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I never said it was easy, Indian. But we cancelled our series with both Drake and UNI because we didn't want to be playing games against them and not at Hilton. So this is how we replace the lost game in that series? I get putting a game in KC, it makes total sense, but against UMKC? There better, at the very least, be a return game coming in Hilton.

Drake and UNI should be able to have a field day with this.

I was looking forward to seeing Drake in Hilton this year. Thought that would be fun.

I agree. There really better be at least one Kangaroo beatdown coming in Hilton. This can't be a once-off where we make the trip.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
KU scheduled a game against Davidson last year in the Sprint Center, it's obviously not easy to find a decent opponent on a neutral site.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Great idea playing a game in KC but it sure seems like the Athletic Department thought "We need a game in KC" and then went dumpster diving to figure out how to make it happen.

I agree. Nebraska, Arkansas, Mizzou, even Tulsa would be much better and are equal distances to KC.

McKinney

Feb 1, 2012
McKinney, TX
KU scheduled a game against Davidson last year in the Sprint Center, it's obviously not easy to find a decent opponent on a neutral site.

Not ripping on your post, but shouldn't it be easy to find a decent opponent on a neutral site if more than 1 team team is looking for the same thing? It seems that motives would align a lot better for neutral site games.

D

DistrictCyclone

I agree. Nebraska, Arkansas, Mizzou, even Tulsa would be much better and are equal distances to KC.

Of course, anyone would rather see ISU/Missery over ISU/UMKC. There could literally be hundreds of reasons why these teams weren't available; we're idiots if we pretend to know why, but I think it's a safe assumption that the athletic department would try to schedule the best matchup available. And if the top choices are not available, you take your lumps and move on with what you've got.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Of course, anyone would rather see ISU/Missery over ISU/UMKC. There could literally be hundreds of reasons why these teams weren't available; we're idiots if we pretend to know why, but I think it's a safe assumption that the athletic department would try to schedule the best matchup available. And if the top choices are not available, you take your lumps and move on with what you've got.

I get that, and if this turns out to be a 1 or 2 in Hilton/1 in Municipal deal, I'm not that upset about it. But if this is just a 1 time game, you wait until next season and try scheduling a better opponent.

D

DistrictCyclone

I get that, and if this turns out to be a 1 or 2 in Hilton/1 in Municipal deal, I'm not that upset about it. But if this is just a 1 time game, you wait until next season and try scheduling a better opponent.

If it's just a 1-time game, how does it have any bearing on who we schedule next season?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Next thing you know, we'll post an ISU billboard with the B12 commissioner on it in lieu of a Cyclone.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If it's just a 1-time game, how does it have any bearing on who we schedule next season?

What I meant was, if the goal is to get a game in KC, and your only option this season is to schedule a 1 time game against UMKC in KC, you hold off on your plans to schedule a game in KC until next season.

D

DistrictCyclone

What I meant was, if the goal is to get a game in KC, and your only option this season is to schedule a 1 time game against UMKC in KC, you hold off on your plans to schedule a game in KC until next season.

Why not do both? Having a game there this year and having a game there next year are not mutually exclusive options, especially when the alternative to not having a game there this year could be not having a game at all.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Because the first one is stupid.

facepalm.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron