MBB Player Leaves

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Wow people!! I love how there are 20 different reasons on why Vette may be leaving. The fact is that nobody here knows the real reason, but I will tell you why he is not leaving.....He is not leaving b/c GMAC wanted him to redshirt. You know how I know this?!?! B/C he can't!! He has already played. So him saying that he would leave if GMAC redshirted his bull, b/c it isn't true.

Also let's wait until we hear something official before we start writing how this kid is a pansy for being homesick. We need stability in this program more than anything right now and it is frustrating to not see it. When was the last time we had a stable program? When Orr was the coach?

I think the post talking about the redshirt was alluding to the idea that it was rumored that he really didn't want to redshirt, so playing time in general is an issue to him. We know he can't redshirt, it is maybe that he wants to be on the court now, and isn't as much as he would like.

I would bet homesickness is a part of it, but maybe the kid just isn't a fit for a big university. I can totally see that. He may want to be a big fish in a little pond, which is not going to happen at ISU. My guess is that he will transfer to a D2 school.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Wow people!! I love how there are 20 different reasons on why Vette may be leaving. The fact is that nobody here knows the real reason, but I will tell you why he is not leaving.....He is not leaving b/c GMAC wanted him to redshirt. You know how I know this?!?! B/C he can't!! He has already played. So him saying that he would leave if GMAC redshirted his bull, b/c it isn't true.

Also let's wait until we hear something official before we start writing how this kid is a pansy for being homesick. We need stability in this program more than anything right now and it is frustrating to not see it. When was the last time we had a stable program? When Orr was the coach?

He could be redshirted if he was injured and needed a medical redshirt. That might explain why he hasn't touched the floor the past couple games, especially against Drake.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Speaking of homesickness, I guess I am getting a little sick of having 40 different people on rhe team in the last five years. Reminds me of the song This Door Swings both ways.

How can you have a good team when you are constantly recycling recruits? You recruit Iowa kids like Brock, Vette, and Ross, and you end up with Alex from another school. The door is swinging.

Must be a gal friend. Why not a gal friend problem? Curtis and Willis had that problem.

Nov 22, 2006
That could be true but I would suspect that we would have heard something in the last 3 weeks about this. He is not playing for other reasons. Reasons that I, or 99% on this board now w/o speculating

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
Well, Boozer no longer has a facebook account. He had one a month ago. And Vette is no longer a member of the Iowa State network but he added friends to the ISU basketball application yesterday. Vette also recently had his status as "Basketball is a brotherhood"

My money is on Boozer.

Economics Teacher: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Economics Teacher: Thank you, Simone

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
That could be true but I would suspect that we would have heard something in the last 3 weeks about this. He is not playing for other reasons. Reasons that I, or 99% on this board now w/o speculating

Wait, what? This whole thread is speculation. No one really knows, and we're basing all of our speculation off a rumor. The rumor may or may not pan out, but right now I think very few people "know" anything. Pure speculation.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yeah, speculation just like Brister, Ross, Adam, P'Allen, Tasheed, Cutrtis, Will, Tags, yada yadda.

At end of season it might be easier to name the players who are staying.

Help Wanted signs abound.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Wait, what? This whole thread is speculation. No one really knows, and we're basing all of our speculation off a rumor. The rumor may or may not pan out, but right now I think very few people "know" anything. Pure speculation.

I had one person tell me and another unconnected person ask me if I know. The two people don't know each other and both have connections with the team. Jeremy later chimed in with what he knew.

In the future, I'll try and keep this stuff to the mods, I guess.

Last edited:

peachy

Oct 14, 2006
18-19 year old kids are hard to figure out. They change their mind when the wind blows. Speculation on why someone is leaving is rather pointless. It won't change the situation.

If its true, you have to do what my dear ole grandpappy said....."Time to make lemonade out of LA POMLEE-mons!!"

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I had one person tell me and another unconnected person ask me if I know. The two people don't know each other and both have connections with the team. Jeremy later chimed in with what he knew.

In the future, I'll try and keep this stuff to the mods, I guess.

I was more referring to the speculation that homesickness is the reason that he's leaving, not the validity of your information. I guess I should have made it more clear. Sorry.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I'm sad to read this. :(

I wasn't really excited when we offered him last spring but he honestly looked like a solid prospect for the future. Plus it was nice having an Iowa Mr. Basketball on the roster. Can't blame him for leaving if he's not comfortable in Ames or whatever but if it's playing time that's too bad. Best of luck to the kid.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Goodbye and good luck in whatever you choose to do.

From a selfish stand point, all I ask is that you leave in good academic standing. We took a chance on you so please be kind in return.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Too bad he is homesick . . . he will regret his decision to leave a few years from now when he has grown up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That's too bad, and I think at this point we have to start questioning some of the recruiting decisions McD has made. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. We absolutely need Pomlee or somebody else now, and really, Vette was the only one of our current players besides Thompson that has the size to play the C position. Next year it will be Thompson, Brackins, and Hamilton as the only guys over 6'9".

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I told you guys we shouldn't be taking risks on these Iowa Mr. Basketball winners! j/k