MBB Player Leaves

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by CrossCyed, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +842 / 4 / -0
    Nah...IMO...it's not bad when this stuff is shared. Just don't toy with us for a few hours until you give the name. :wink:

Every time someone (even Jeremy) shares info like this, people will complain about them. It's par for the course.

So please don't take my feedback earlier as "don't post this". It was quite the opposite intent.

2. tigershoops31

tigershoops31 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Ames
    Ratings:
    +353 / 3 / -0
    Who cares? Is there some rule that we have to have so many guys over 6'9? Memphis has 2, UCLA has 1, Kansas has 3, and North Carolina has 0. Those top 5 programs seem to be doing just fine. I'm more concerned about the quality of our big men than quantity.

3. CyRide3

CyRide3 Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Okay, we have 101 posts and there is no confirmation that a player is leaving?

4. thuisman

thuisman Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Student
    Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So if Vette is leaving, will this affect Lucca's decision, since they seemed to be good friends?

5. kg-cyclone

kg-cyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    ISU will release later today

6. MJAnderson

MJAnderson Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That is too bad, but why would we start questioning recruiting decisions that McD has made. I think he as done a descent job. For example, I think Wesely Johnson and Craig Brackens will turn out to be very good. It's not really his fault that some of these players don't work out. Last year he was rushed because he was hired kind of late and still managed to put together an almost .500 team. Sounds like McIntosh left because he didn't like Taylor, Taylor left because he couldn't follow team policy, and Dodie left because of grades. This year it sounds like Brister left because of playing time/personal problems and if Vette leaves: playing time/personal problems. I think a lot of the blame goes to the recruits. These kids had plenty of time to visit ISU and figure out if they liked the program. If playing time is an issue, it is their own fault...they are simply not good enough. These kids don't realize that that they are just freshman and their time will came as they progress. Homesickness is a tough issue....it's easy to tell somebody to tough it out unless you're the one who is homesick. Ultimately I think toughing it out is they best way to overcome it but everybody handles it differently. I think McDermott is a class act and want's his players to be the same way. I'm glad to see that he is not afraid to sacrifice talent if someone doesn't follow team policy. In the long run I think it will benifit our program.

7. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Publications Manager
    Macomb, MI
    Ratings:
    +12,371 / 289 / -5
    Why are McD's every decision being questioned 10 games into his second season?

[​IMG]

That's why... :no: