I'm officially eating my crow

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
After our close win over MVSU, I was one of the people who predicted we would only win 3 conference games, if we were lucky. :no:
I was proven wrong by a team of players who came together, got 3rd in the Big 12 with 12 wins, beat the defending national champs in the NCAA tourney, and eventually lost to the overall #1 seed. If we had played any team in the nation not named Kentucky, we'd be going to the Sweet 16. Our players never quit.

I can't wait until next season! With Royce or not, our future is brighter than ever. I am very confident that Fred will bring a Big 12 championship to Ames very soon, possibly next year if Royce returns.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
lessons to learn over the years, which some learned during the floyd/eustachy years, teams can gel later. Of course mcd jaded that a little bit

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
After our close win over MVSU, I was one of the people who predicted we would only win 3 conference games, if we were lucky. :no:
I was proven wrong by a team of players who came together, got 3rd in the Big 12 with 12 wins, beat the defending national champs in the NCAA tourney, and eventually lost to the overall #1 seed. If we had played any team in the nation not named Kentucky, we'd be going to the Sweet 16. Our players never quit.

I can't wait until next season! With Royce or not, our future is brighter than ever. I am very confident that Fred will bring a Big 12 championship to Ames very soon, possibly next year if Royce returns.

*Sits down at table to eat crow with Cydave*

I thought pretty much the same after that game.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
lessons to learn over the years, which some learned during the floyd/eustachy years, teams can gel later. Of course mcd jaded that a little bit

I think that's why some of us went way under on the over-under. I think I thought 6-12 was the ceiling heading into the Big 12 -- even though I had guessed 8-10 or 9-9 in preseason "playing it safe" on expectations.

After Week 1 -- beating Texas at home and crushing A&M — I could see .500 or better was far from unrealistic.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
I tried looking up my old posts, but couldn't find any from the dark days before the first game against Texas. I believe I said something along the lines of this team just desperately trying to gel together, but not quite hitting the mark (showing signs of life, but making very stupid mistakes). My prediction was on par or worse than our conference record last year if they didn't get going working as a team, but a middling conference team (.500 record) if they could get playing together.

They far exceeded my expecations, and were great Cyclones all around. They took a lot of heat in the non-conference, but really came through in the end for themselves and for the fans.

And for the record I ALWAYS liked FH has a coach, knew it was just a matter of time before everyone else saw it too.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Royce became full time point power forward and a facilitator in the B12 conference. That seemed to be the turning point.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

I was going to rep you for actually eating crow, not many people do it, but I must spread rep around.

Sometimes it's good to be wrong.:yes:

C

CyBer

I'm thinking Freddy will bring us a National Championship before he's done here.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
That's pretty bad lol. After that game I was still thinking we would win at least 8 conference games.

LINK?????

Too lazy to look, but I really did. I understood how much talent we had. I don't know why everyone was freaking out.
I didn't believe it either, but I looked and here's what he said in this thread: http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/137348-how-many-b12-wins-do-we-get.html
posted after the MVSU game.
Hoping and dreaming for 8 or 9. If not, what a bust this season will have been.

And after looking through the thread, I actually didn't say 3 wins, I said 2. :biglaugh: oops. Glad I was wrong.

And for the bolded part, Clones21. haha let's not go overboard.

Help Support Us

Become a patron