Anyone else plan on going to the NCAA tournament?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Is anyone else planning on going to whatever site we are sent to, regardless of location?

I am. I am hoping for Portland, Albuquerque, or Omaha just due to travel logistics from Colorado, but I'm prepared to fly out to Pittsburgh, Greensboro, etc. if need be. I definitely plan on going. I have some discretionary income I can use for airfare, tickets, etc, and I have the schedule (long weekends starting on Thursday) to give me the flexibility to do it as well.

So, if anyone is planning on doing the same would anyone be interested in sharing/splitting a hotel room? I'm pretty clean and polite and am a good roommate. My dad might be going as well, depending on location, but I would be up for staying with some fellow Cyclone Fanatics and cheering for the team if anyone is interested.

Respond to this post or you can pm me as well.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This isnt new news, but it is kind of weird when looking at the map of the locations how most of them are bunched in a small area this year.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'd be interested depending on where it is. Greensboro, Albuquerque, and Portland are the only ones that I would really have to look hard at. I'm a student however.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I'd be interested depending on where it is. Greensboro, Albuquerque, and Portland are the only ones that I would really have to look hard at. I'm a student however.

Yep, just hoping we avoid those, all the other sites are not too bad a drive in one day.

TheAdmiral

Oct 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I've got a car full of students heading to any location except Albuquerque, Portland, or Greensboro. I'll be p*$$** if we get put at one of those three.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have friends that go to Dayton (Dayton play in game) Ohio State (Columbus), Cincinatti (Louisville), My house is less than 2 hours from Pittsburgh, Omaha is close, A sister that lives outside of Nashville. So Greensboro, Albuquerque, and Portland are the only tough ones where I would need a hotel. So chances are I am going!

danrog

Jan 19, 2008
Seattle
I am selfishly rooting for Portland... but prepared to go other places, as I will be in Cleveland for the first few days of the week for work.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am selfishly rooting for Portland... but prepared to go other places, as I will be in Cleveland for the first few days of the week for work.

Pittsburgh would be a nice and easy trip from Cleveland! So would Columbus

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
I don't think Omaha is happening for us unless we get a higher seed than Kansas or Mizpoo because we're not allowed to play our conference in the second round if there's a way around it

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I would love to go see them in Omaha, but the tickets themselves have to be expensive right.

Tickets probably around $100/session (you can look it up on the NCAA Championships site) but with the size of the arenas, I'm guessing you can get a decent discount buying them outside, especially if you are going to a session taking place during the day.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
what are the chances for omaha, I understand that if Mizzou and Kansas both play in Omaha then we cant.

Why is everyone so sure that they will both get put in Omaha?

Is there a chance that they wont get put in the same area? Is there a chance that neither one will be placed in Omaha?

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
Bump for possible answers?

Not sure if this has been previously stated in this thread, but the only way ISU plays in Omaha is if MIZZOU ends up in Nashville. I hope we play in Omaha. There will be a cyclone block party before and after the game being thrown off of Maple and Ohio if it happens.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Not sure if this has been previously stated in this thread, but the only way ISU plays in Omaha is if MIZZOU ends up in Nashville. I hope we play in Omaha. There will be a cyclone block party before and after the game being thrown off of Maple and Ohio if it happens.

Who hays say in deciding who plays where?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron