This would be awesome... WVU next year schedule...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So they would get paid for both TV contracts. Maybe use an all freshman team as scrubs.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
So how can they play 24 games, cause they'd count for their opponents. maybe the answer is on the article, haven't read it yet

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
If you are going at lengths to do that, why not just forfeit each game? Don't see how the Big East would let that happen either, I'm sure the conference contract states something along the lines of even playing in another conference is not allowed.

If anything though this will be a fun story to watch, lawsuits and all...

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I take it no one actually clicked on the link since it's just a random message board posting, it's not actually happening.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
You guys realize there is no way this can happen, right?

Yea, but it would still be awesome.

BTW, what is stopping them if they refuse all conference generated money. Is there a conference stipulation regarding the "quality" of team you put on the field?

Rockman

Oct 26, 2011
oregon
Back in the day everyone had a Frosh football team as freshman couldn't play.......we may revisit that :plaugh: The bottom line is that the Big East can't make us be in their conference.....only the cost will be the judge's decision if we leave earlier than the by-laws. This will not go to discovery as the BE will not want their skeletons paraded before the public. The battle now is where it will be heard. WVU filed first in Monongahela County, WV. BE filed SECOND and wants it heard in Rhode Island. WVU is a land grant institution and an arm of the state so RI has no jurisdiction. Once they figure that out, it should move quickly. If not, what are they to do if the WV judge says pay 8 Million and go.........send it the Rhode Island National Guard. :unsure:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There's also no way that the Big East can make them play Big East games.

This. It would be highly unlikely that a court could\would force them to play in the big east. Damages may be assessed for leaving the big east early, but it seemed like WVU was willing to come to an agreement on those.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
I take it no one actually clicked on the link since it's just a random message board posting, it's not actually happening.

Hush your mouth. I'm thinking of applying my neighbor kids for the Mountain West, just to get them out of my hair on Saturdays in the fall.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
This is easy...just start a new WVeast school. Only those walkons are accepted lol. They just have to get the schedule right so they play away when the real WV plays home ;)

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
caf33f12b1whoa.jpg.jpg

yeah right :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron