Epic Sandwich

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
What do you like to put on your huge sandwich?

Here is mine:

I start with some good wheat bread and put some miracle whip on the bottom slice.Then I put a good portion of meat consisting of smoked turkey and ham. Next I will put 2 slices of American cheese. I will then put some slices of home grown tomatoes and some lettuce. I mostly prefer romaine but can tolerate iceberg with that is what I have. I will top it off with some brown mustard. I usually do not put miracle on the top slice.

Sometimes when I am filling really hungry I will add another layer which will just be meat and cheese.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
That just sounds like a regular sandwich. Nothing really "epic" about it. Try putting an avacado on it, or bacon, or chips, or pepper relish, or wasabi mayo. I mean, there are so many things that are much more "epic" than the basic meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and brown mustard.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
My favorite all-time sandwich is a Philadelphia Italian Hoagie.

If I can't get that, I like to make mine with Any of the Boar's Head meats and Cold Cuts.

And if I don't make my own, I order the #9 Italian from Jimmy John's :smile:

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Somebody told me that you were supposed to put mustard on the cheese slice, since the mustard release more of the flavor from the cheese.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Here is mine:

I start with some good wheat bread and put some miracle whip on the bottom slice.Then I put a good portion of meat consisting of smoked turkey and ham. Next I will put 2 slices of American cheese. I will then put some slices of home grown tomatoes and some lettuce. I mostly prefer romaine but can tolerate iceberg with that is what I have. I will top it off with some brown mustard. I usually do not put miracle on the top slice.

Sometimes when I am filling really hungry I will add another layer which will just be meat and cheese.

If it doesn't have bacon it's just a sandwich.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
That just sounds like a regular sandwich. Nothing really "epic" about it. Try putting an avacado on it, or bacon, or chips, or pepper relish, or wasabi mayo. I mean, there are so many things that are much more "epic" than the basic meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and brown mustard.

I was using epic more in a sense of a giant sandwich that you have to eat with two hands. I would put bacon on there but I don't want to waste the time with the prep on the bacon.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
If it doesn't start wtih putting hot giardiniera on it, it can't even begin to scrape Epic proportions.

Never new of this stuff until I moved to Chicago. Now I rarely eat a sandwich without the stuff. MMMMM, love me an Italian Cheesy Beef Sandwich. Makes a Philly Cheesesteak look like a balogna sandwich on white bread.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
An "epic sandwich" with American cheese, this is a sad day in history.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL

Here is mine:

I find your lack of thick-slice hickory smoked bacon disturbing.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
The best sandwich I ever invented...Peanut butter on toast? Love it. Grilled cheese? Absolutely. The solution? Grilled peanut butter and toast!!!Of course, bacon is a wonderful addition to this creation...

Reactions: dornstar44

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
The best sandwich I ever invented...Peanut butter on toast? Love it. Grilled cheese? Absolutely. The solution? Grilled peanut butter and toast!!!Of course, bacon is a wonderful addition to this creation...

Elvis, have you come back into the building? Don't forget your bananas.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
img.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron