OU wants Beebe gone

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
So you are saying that JP is the one pulling all the strings here?
Not at all, just one of the many great minds that pulled the plan together. Vetted and modified it with the right people, lined up the support needed and executed to perfection. I would call him a leader in the effort. WE aren't home yet because Texas could still bolt. But even huge Texan egos can see the writing on the wall..........there is nothing better than what they have. But this is Texas and I think they declared their independence from the U.S. in the past so who knows.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Not at all, just one of the many great minds that pulled the plan together. Vetted and modified it with the right people, lined up the support needed and executed to perfection. I would call him a leader in the effort. WE aren't home yet because Texas could still bolt. But even huge Texan egos can see the writing on the wall..........there is nothing better than what they have. But this is Texas and I think they declared their independence from the U.S. in the past so who knows.

Texas declared itself independent from Mexico in 1836 and later joined the US in 1845.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Rebecacy...so you said that you think Texas has caught on to the play now. Do you think the Mizzou news (if a ruse) is overplaying the hand now? Or did this come out of left field? You also said that Texas caught in too late...I don't see how it is ever too late for Texas to catch on and bolt...any additional explination?

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Either this is OU's parting shot and letter to the rest of the conference saying "we tried, we really, really did" or they genuinely want to stay and had to show Texas that no one is going to put up with their version of conference leadership and finally made public the demands...so that said - I still think this could end badly, but the Tramel article is absolutely the most encouraging piece to date, funny how the media rereports the common theme of the day and for several days that theme has been doomsday...

AND if OU pulls this off, I will be eternally grateful...

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Rebecacy...so you said that you think Texas has caught on to the play now. Do you think the Mizzou news (if a ruse) is overplaying the hand now? Or did this come out of left field? You also said that Texas caught in too late...I don't see how it is ever too late for Texas to catch on and bolt...any additional explination?
I think the announcement that MU was looking was to put added pressure to get this all resolved. If you dig in... the SEC has come out and said they have NOT issued an invitation to anyone but TAMU ------- together I think it's just a push on Texas to decide and to decide quickly. "We can only hold this fragile reformation together for so long" The 'too late' relates to they have looked with others and the best option is staying home and the key players know this. The Big 10 told TX.................never, not until hell freezes over.

Last edited:

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Either this is OU's parting shot and letter to the rest of the conference saying "we tried, we really, really did" or they genuinely want to stay and had to show Texas that no one is going to put up with their version of conference leadership and finally made public the demands...so that said - I still think this could end badly, but the Tramel article is absolutely the most encouraging piece to date, funny how the media rereports the common theme of the day and for several days that theme has been doomsday...

AND if OU pulls this off, I will be eternally grateful...
Don't give OU all the credit

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I think it will be someone from ISU but not GG -- the guy who was the mastermind in getting texas in line and keeping the conference together will get the job. He's done about all he can here save the SEZ. Getting OU to do what they are doing was not easy,................. repairing and soothing the egos in this league as it comes back together will not be easy either. I'm certain our TV deals will be much better than anything a Texas controlled Beebe could do - and that will be his finally legacy to ISU, the TV money that builds the SEZ. The only questions remaining now are if A&M will be invited back and who the new teams (to get us to 12) will be. Texas has got to fold now and play right.

Torn if this turns out to be true. I think Jamie would make a great commish, but do not like that our Athletic Department would be losing both him and GG. Visions of BVDV and Jischke 2.0 make me cringe.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Don't give OU all the credit
Well, ok. And I will wait until the ink is dry...EGOS the size of Texas don't like to get punked and bullys can be unpredictable when the little guys fight back. no offense, if rebecacy knows what's goin down, then I'll bet Dodds and Powers had an inkling...

please be right though, please be right

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I think it will be someone from ISU but not GG -- the guy who was the mastermind in getting texas in line and keeping the conference together will get the job. He's done about all he can here save the SEZ. Getting OU to do what they are doing was not easy,................. repairing and soothing the egos in this league as it comes back together will not be easy either. I'm certain our TV deals will be much better than anything a Texas controlled Beebe could do - and that will be his finally legacy to ISU, the TV money that builds the SEZ. The only questions remaining now are if A&M will be invited back and who the new teams (to get us to 12) will be. Texas has got to fold now and play right.
As I read the above, the thought is that Jamie will be the Big12 commissioner. I would hate to see him go, but I'm sure that he'll leave us in good hands.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
Torn if this turns out to be true. I think Jamie would make a great commish, but do not like that our Athletic Department would be losing both him and GG. Visions of BVDV and Jischke 2.0 make me cringe.
That's why the new commisioner is Seneca Wallace per my sources.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
As I read the above, the thought is that Jamie will be the Big12 commissioner. I would hate to see him go, but I'm sure that he'll leave us in good hands.

If this happens would, MAC back as AD be a possibility? I would love to see him in that roll he did soo much for this school....

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Buy him out with A&M exit fees

a better solution would be an agreement by the forgotten five to waive litigation with the second over a$m on the condition that the second names beebe commisioner of their conference.

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
I would love to boot Beebe. Texas would be the only one to speak up against that, and I would like to boot them out while we're at it if it meant we could keep OU and OSU. If Beebe got us 1.2 billion for 2nd tier rights, imagine what any other conference commissioner could have gotten us.

Grab WVU, Lousiville, TCU and Boise State and let's play some ball!

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
If this is true and actually works, I will reverse myself and begin to like OU more rather than dislike them more. Also, I will probably gradually grow to stop disliking, and maybe eventually even like, Texas again.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I do not want to see Jamie leave anytime soon. The president search did not really wow me...I could only imagine how the AD replacement would go.

Help Support Us

Become a patron