OU wants Beebe gone

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I do not want to see Jamie leave anytime soon. The president search did not really wow me...I could only imagine how the AD replacement would go.

I hear Dan Bebster may be looking for work soon.

Couldn't care less who we filled in with, just keep the BIG 12 together, make it strong, and let's get back to talking about rivalries, matchups, and the games to be played. So sick of realignment.

Once again, here is why Boise State will never work. They are a glorified community college that uses partial qualifiers that are not allowed by the Big XII. Once they have to play by the big boy rules, they will swiftly sink into oblivion.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Shouldn't Beebe be given some credit for the current TV contract from which we got a windfall profit?

I was critical of him during the previous round of implosion, then he pulled out the TV contract and I had to give him credit.

NO! He's a witch! He made 3 schools disappear! BURN HIM!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g]She's a witch! - YouTube[/ame]

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

It is possible that he used his witchy power to land the TV contract that brought us a ton of money this year. I didn't hear too many people griping when we were spending the money during this last year. Maybe he does need to go, but it seems that he must have had something to do with the windfall benefits from the current TV deal.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Personally, I'm all for Beebe getting the ax. Way too much letting TX do whatever.

I think OU's concern's are selfish but valid. They were sitting at the right hand of the king for quite some time reaping the benefit of King TX's decisions without being in the forefront as much. But now with Texas seemingly getting some distance between themselves and OU in the revenue game, OU is saying "Oh hell no".

I think selfish but could definitely be the thing that balances the scales a little in this league. Something that definitely needs to happen if we are going to survive and add members, otherwise if I am any school outside the big 12 looking in, I say no thanks.

In summary, I don't OU is necessarily "going to bat" for us little guys but we may end up getting more even treatment. I like it.

I hate Texas as much as the next person. However, I have to admit that for years, especially last year, we got a ton of money because Texas got its way. We are on our way to "equality" in revenue sharing. I would prefer to share millions "uneqaully" with Texas than thousands equally with a mid-major conference. Equality isn't quite as attractive when it is equal poverty.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

It is possible that he used his witchy power to land the TV contract that brought us a ton of money this year. I didn't hear too many people griping when we were spending the money during this last year. Maybe he does need to go, but it seems that he must have had something to do with the windfall benefits from the current TV deal.

Apparently I needed this.:pconfused: I credit Beebe for a lot, but his image is so bad he will never recover in his current position. Some times its just best to walk away.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
If this happens would, MAC back as AD be a possibility? I would love to see him in that role he did soo much for this school....
That's an idea, but I think Mac loves coaching and he's got a big coaching challenge in front of him. His Irish loves big coaching challenges.

Last edited:

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I hate Texas as much as the next person. However, I have to admit that for years, especially last year, we got a ton of money because Texas got its way. We are on our way to "equality" in revenue sharing. I would prefer to share millions "uneqaully" with Texas than thousands equally with a mid-major conference. Equality isn't quite as attractive when it is equal poverty.

Give an inch, they'll take a yard. It's what drove NU, CU, and A&M away, taking us to the brink of destruction with OU next on the list to bolt. That plan will not work long-term, so there is no point milking it for a couple more years.

I just really hope we/they didn't push it too far.....

YIP

Sep 20, 2011
Shouldn't Beebe be given some credit for the current TV contract from which we got a windfall profit?

I was critical of him during the previous round of implosion, then he pulled out the TV contract and I had to give him credit.

He did get credit. He got a raise and a new contract and now he is going to get one heck of a buyout. He got rich and will get richer despite his poor management of our conference. He'll probably get a nice book deal on top of that.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Give an inch, they'll take a yard. It's what drove NU, CU, and A&M away, taking us to the brink of destruction with OU next on the list to bolt. That plan will not work long-term, so there is no point milking it for a couple more years.

I just really hope we/they didn't push it too far.....

I don't know all the details, but didn't we get our huge Cyclonetron by "milking it for a couple more years?"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron