Kentucky 53 Garner-Webb 67

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
with 4 minutes to go.

Losing to Gardner Webb would not be a good start.

BG is about to feel the rath of the blue nation.

Last edited:

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I am honestly not surprised. I watched them last night and was not impressed. They are ranked solely because they are Kentucky. I feel bad for Gillespie because he is a good coach. Tubby left the cupboard bare.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I remember when Joe Crawford was a big 5 star stud that we were hoping to get at the last minute. Im greatful we didnt.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
What's up with all these Top 25 teams losing early in the season?
I know some of them were exhibition games but this basketball season could turn out to be like the college football season with all the upsets.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Lucky Tubby Smith transferred to Minnsota and the Little 11.

Last edited:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I am honestly not surprised. I watched them last night and was not impressed. They are ranked solely because they are Kentucky. I feel bad for Gillespie because he is a good coach. Tubby left the cupboard bare.
Not really. Tubby had quite a bit of talent on that roster, he just didn't coach them to UK standards.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
The thing that annoys the crap out of me is teams like Kentucky and Michigan State. They will lose alot of games early and finish strong with something like a 20-12 record or something and they make it to the Dance. They mostly get in off of what they have done in the past.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Not really. Tubby had quite a bit of talent on that roster, he just didn't coach them to UK standards.

Have you watched them? They don't have more talent than ISU. Sure, they may have had a high ranking coming out of high school, but what they are putting on the floor is not impressive. I'm not sure if a lot of guys transferred or what, but they are starting a walk-on.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
The cupboard's not bare at Kentucky, but they certainly don't have the blue chip recruits that UK fans have come to expect. The problem with Tubby was never his game coaching or his teaching. Even most UK fans will admit that Tubby's one of the best at those aspects of coaching. The problem was always Tubby's recruiting. His teams at UK were always pretty scrappy, but they just didn't have the talent to dominate the SEC like they did under Rupp, Joe B. Hall, and Pitino. Gillispie's supposed to be a better recruiter, but he also earned himself a reputation as an expert at turning around programs with what he did in a short time at aTm. Based on tonight's result, he may have his hands full with the rebuilding job at Kentucky. :wideeyed:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
It was a real game. Actually, it was a tournament. Assuming that Uconn beats Buffalo, Gardner-Webb will meet Uconn in the final game. But here is the funny thing. Everyone, including GW, was so certain that GW wouldn't play Uconn in the final game that Uconn and GW have a regular season non-conference game schedule for a few days later. Very funny.

Parrish: The Thoughts - CBSSports.com

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
Yeah, they're missing out on going to NY for Coaches v. Cancer. I have tickets to a similar thing in KC in a few weeks. It could feature UCLA, Michigan State, Maryland, and Missouri or one of them could choke in the first two rounds and I could be watching Central Missouri and Chicago State. Or even worse...Hampton. :mad:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
This is just another example of how irrelevant the regular season in College BBall is.

At any rate, it sure doesn't bode well for Kentucky.