Iowa State Cyclones are picked to finish at the bottom of the conference

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Boys & Grils dont even Listen to that "Drivel".....

Earle Bruce was picked to finish 7th in an 8 team league and get FIRED in the fall of 1976....

Good Ol Earle just went out and won 8 games and Blistered the Cornhuskers(thats the real name, after anteaters)...Buttocks....

Earle sent the good Dr Tom (just plain tom back then) back across the Mighty Missouri River to Lick his Wounds in LincSCUM NE....

All this drivel is just someones opinion and you know what they say about that.

Everybody has one and also another Body Part Which I can't put in this POST..

This is my 50th year of Cyclone Football and I cant wait til we beat up good old UNI on sep 3rd !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Since he talked about aTm's QB being Travis Tannehill, I'm not sure how much stock I would put into this article.

Also, I sure hope this guy doesn't get paid to write, because he can't.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
It's more fun to be the underdog and upset people. We have a real chance to make our mark right from the start. I think we can be 3-0 going into the Texass game.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
All you can do is prove them wrong, I hope this is the material that motivates our players.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Congratulations!

Boys & Grils dont even Listen to that "Drivel".....

Earle Bruce was picked to finish 7th in an 8 team league and get FIRED in the fall of 1976....

Good Ol Earle just went out and won 8 games and Blistered the Cornhuskers(thats the real name, after anteaters)...Buttocks....

Earle sent the good Dr Tom (just plain tom back then) back across the Mighty Missouri River to Lick his Wounds in LincSCUM NE....

All this drivel is just someones opinion and you know what they say about that.

Everybody has one and also another Body Part Which I can't put in this POST..
This is my 50th year of Cyclone football and I cant wait til we beat up good old UNI on sep 3rd !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on your 50th year of Cyclone football! You should get an award of some kind! Maybe the mods will award you 50,000,000 extra credits or something. You've got me beat by five years. The Earle Bruce years of 1976-78 were fantastic, I'm glad that I was at the games to enjoy them. :yes::yes:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Actually it was the Bugeaters. Don't believe me? Check this out...

Bugeaters - The Original Home of the Bugeaters

To make matters worse, they "borrowed" the name Cornhuskers from the University of Iowa when they cast it off to co-opt our state's nickname for their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyBobby

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Re: Congratulations!

Congratulations on your 50th year of Cyclone football! You should get an award of some kind! Maybe the mods will award you 50,000,000 extra credits or something. You've got me beat by five years. The Earle Bruce years of 1976-78 were fantastic, I'm glad that I was at the games to enjoy them. :yes::yes:

I wish I could have been around to see those teams. Especially that '76 team... they beat #7 Missouri on the road and #9 Nebraska at home. They whooped up on all their non-con opponents (scored 58, 41, 47, and 44 points) and KSU and KU (45-14 and 31-17). And yet after all that, they didn't even get a bowl invite.

I also would have loved to have gone to the Peach Bowl in '77... back before it had any affiliation with chicken.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Choice comments that make you scratch your head:
"Expect these two to redshirt, but do not be shocked if they are able to get playing time."
"Darius Danks and Darius Reynolds look to be the starters. Danks..."
"KU loses four of its five leading tacklers... ISU has a very good chance to win this, but KU with a more experienced team will win in a very close game."

I would save your time reading it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, the guys focus and editing are terrible. I love the internet, everyone can be a star.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Actually it was the Bugeaters. Don't believe me? Check this out...

Bugeaters - The Original Home of the Bugeaters

To make matters worse, they "borrowed" the name Cornhuskers from the University of Iowa when they cast it off to co-opt our state's nickname for their own.

WTF?
bugeaters.jpg

clone99

Sep 14, 2007
Iowa
i like how he thought we may have a chance against Tech and K-State, but since they are on the road he gave us a loss. OK, but then we play Kansas who we beat last year on the road, but now we are going to lose at home because of the returning experience they have. Either this guy is a huge ISU hater or a huge Kansas lover, either way i wouldn't put much weight in his predictions. I think he was just trying to find a way keep Kansas from finish last, I'm sure that to 40 recruiting class is really going to help this year.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It is fairly hard to go through a season and win only one game. Someone must have forgot to buy him a maid rite when he visited Marshalltown.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
i like how he thought we may have a chance against Tech and K-State, but since they are on the road he gave us a loss. OK, but then we play Kansas who we beat last year on the road, but now we are going to lose at home because of the returning experience they have. Either this guy is a huge ISU hater or a huge Kansas lover, either way i wouldn't put much weight in his predictions. I think he was just trying to find a way keep Kansas from finish last, I'm sure that to 40 recruiting class is really going to help this year.

That was a glorious home game. Lenz to the house!

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Re: Congratulations!

I wish I could have been around to see those teams. Especially that '76 team... they beat #7 Missouri on the road and #9 Nebraska at home. They whooped up on all their non-con opponents (scored 58, 41, 47, and 44 points) and KSU and KU (45-14 and 31-17). And yet after all that, they didn't even get a bowl invite.

I also would have loved to have gone to the Peach Bowl in '77... back before it had any affiliation with chicken.
We attended the Peach Bowl in '77 and had a great time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron