Texas won't seek revenge vs. Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Texas isn't circling any games on their schedule because that would be a **** ton of circles.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm pretty sure they will make sure they don't lose that game. They won't make a statement by running up the score, but they will make sure they don't lose the game.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I'm pretty sure they will make sure they don't lose that game. They won't make a statement by running up the score, but they will make sure they don't lose the game.
That is what Nebraska was saying last year and we almost got them. The thing is, unlike our fans, our players know they can beat Texas. They have done it.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I'm ready to beat 'em again this year. Pressure on their QB again from the Dline and LBs, and our offense just moving the chains constantly. Play our game, and it can be done again.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
Texas won't be seeking revenge, but they will be looking to redeem themselves from last years overall record, especially the Big XII record. That starts with us, so I definitely think we'll get their best game.

If our QB situation gets sufficiently worked out, I think we have a reasonable chance to win the game.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So what are they supposed to say? Sounds like all coach speak-ish type of things, I wouldn't expect them to say any different.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
So what are they supposed to say? Sounds like all coach speak-ish type of things, I wouldn't expect them to say any different.
Thats exactly right.

And no matter what Mack says publicly its not about swagger, its about being better upfront. The middle of there d-line was extremely suspect last year, and there o-line didn't look much better.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Bring it, Horns. Bring it on.

Exactly. Texas will be looking to go big in the conference opener against us in Ames. We can send them a very simple message that day.... **** YOU!!!! It is the conference open so you can count on Texas getting ISU's best shot as well. All doubt has been removed in the players minds about "if" they can beat Texas. They know they can and once you get over that hurdle it becomes a bit easier the second time around.:yes:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Exactly. Texas will be looking to go big in the conference opener against us in Ames. We can send them a very simple message that day.... **** YOU!!!! It is the conference open so you can count on Texas getting ISU's best shot as well. All doubt has been removed in the players minds about "if" they can beat Texas. They know they can and once you get over that hurdle it becomes a bit easier the second time around.:yes:

That's right. Our coaches and players know that they can handle Texas now. Let's give CPR an undefeated record against the Horns (with 2 wins, not one).

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I hope texas comes in arrogant as hell like they did last year. Then we smack them in the mouth. I can't wait for the game this year!

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Texas better worry about their own problems

I watched their spring game and their offense did not look good at all. I love it that Brown tried to go back to a two back set. My god some of these coaches are clueless. You won a national title running a spread with a running/throwing quarterback and now you go back to two back.

I realize they have the new OC from boise and maybe he will bring their offense back, but it didn't look good in the spring.

There is no reason to fear Texas until they show they have quality coordinators again. I hope Brown stays "involved" with the offense. LOL