A&M Fires coach

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
espn just reported Franchione is out at A&M and say they want to get Tommy T from Auburn...Do they really have a shot at pulling away a head coach from the Auburn?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Callahan to A&M? Cosgrove to Auburn or Poor Sisters of Mary?

I thought Fran beat Bill in the Buyout Bowl? was that a worthless win for Fran? Hey, they might just as well declare the four Nebraska wins as tainted and turn them back over to us. Their wins were done with a different team than the last five weeks. Give it up, Nebraska, 76 points is all time most points scored against them - even back to the Bugeater days.

Joe Ganz in the second half looked like Cody Hawkins throwing the ball in self defense.

Last edited:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I'm surprised Tubberville would be interested. What he's done at Auburn has been nothing short of amazing. It would probably be nice to get out of the SEC and with the Saban effect at Alabama his job will probably get tougher. Maybe A&M makes perfect sense.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Coach out on Monday...and it ISN'T Callahan? simply: WOW

But yeah, you knew this was gonna happen sometime soon at A&M. All of a sudden Iowa State's schedule next year is looking EVEN better than it normally would when switching the south teams Texas, Okla, & Tech for Okie St, Baylor, & A&M.

leg4cy

Apr 12, 2006
Humboldt, IA
Tuberville was an Aggie assistant at one point so it is very possible. They have money to burn there too. Fran's buyout was supposed to be 8 mil. before he violated rules and if they do it for two, then I believe it would take 6 mil to Auburn to get Tuberville away from them (not counting his actual contract).

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
And it comes full circle (finally). I remember hearing that when Slocum was fired there was this guy named Urban Meyer, who was the head coach at Bowling Green, was begging to come to A&M until they picked Franchione and he took a job at Utah. Not sure, but I think he got a head coaching gig at some SEC school...

Oops.

They'll lure a good coach. They've got too much money not to.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I cant see Tubberville going to A&M. I think he would want to be the main focus coach of some state university. Auburn is second fiddle to Alabama, A&M is second fiddle to Texas.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Coach out on Monday...and it ISN'T Callahan? simply: WOW

But yeah, you knew this was gonna happen sometime soon at A&M. All of a sudden Iowa State's schedule next year is looking EVEN better than it normally would when switching the south teams Texas, Okla, & Tech for Okie St, Baylor, & A&M.

Maybe it will take next week's score in home closer in Lincoln:

Kansas State 95, Corneyhuskers 31.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I heard Wayne is ready to coach football instead of bball. Tommy Bowden is available. Steve Loney might go. Bill Byrne might take over. Can we spell Steve Kragthorpe?

Mark Fran down as the next Big 12 speed bump in the road towards catching SEC.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Bill Bryne will hire a solid coach. His hands were tied on his last FB coach hire as Solich taking over for Osborne was a done deal set in place before he got to NU. Word is that he would have prefered to go after his own guy, but didn't have a say in the matter.

At aTm, he has landed 2 good choices when he went after Gillispie & Turgeon for MBB. Bryne has a lot of contacts and will no doubt find the right guy for aTm. They will be a force to deal with in a few years.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I cant see Tubberville going to A&M. I think he would want to be the main focus coach of some state university. Auburn is second fiddle to Alabama, A&M is second fiddle to Texas.

True, but Auburn and aTm would pay ANYTHING to reverse that trend and they both have rabid and huge fanbases willing to pay.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron