Devondrick Nealy in a bit of trouble? Already?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This is starting to resemble the early stages of the out-of-control years in Iowa City.

Really, it would be nice to go a month without a story like this. Even freshmen can find better ways to entertain themselves in Ames. It's not that hard.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
How could you possibly know that???
Well Lattimer participated in the spring game and spring practice and his incident was before spring practice, as for the other two, I am just throwing something out there.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
So Lattimer assaults a cop, Duck gets possession of pot, and now this. Am I missing any? I don't think Lattimer misses time, as for Duck and Nealy both will likely be out a couple games.

You're joking right? You think Nealy is out 2 games because he was written a ticket for harassing an officer. He didn't even get arrested. He was cited.

To me it sounds like even the cops didn't think it was anything more than some freshman having fun and making a bad judgement call or they could have got him for resisting arrest and I'm sure there is something about carrying a bb gun on campus. However they gave him a very light charge.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
So Lattimer assaults a cop, Duck gets possession of pot, and now this. Am I missing any? I don't think Lattimer misses time, as for Duck and Nealy both will likely be out a couple games.

Matt Tau'fo'ou OWI. Then one of the TEs I believe.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
You're joking right? You think Nealy is out 2 games because he was written a ticket for harassing an officer. He didn't even get arrested. He was cited.

To me it sounds like even the cops didn't think it was anything more than some freshman having fun and making a bad judgement call or they could have got him for resisting arrest and I'm sure there is something about carrying a bb gun on campus. However they gave him a very light charge.
I think the actions are worse than the crime. You don't think Rhoads will look at the whole situation?

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I think the actions are worse than the crime. You don't think Rhoads will look at the whole situation?

All we know is he had a BB gun and got up to walk away after a cop told him to get on his knees or whatever.

What actions do you know happened that are 2 game suspension worthy? I think Rhoads does look at the whole situation and sees it for what it is, Nealy runs a few thousand yards for making a boneheaded decision (which didn't harm or put anyone at risk) and moves on.

At this point the only thing that he may have done that was an issue at all was IF he was one of the guys frisking people on central campus (who by the way they didn't hurt or take anything from). And even then it was clearly a BB gun they were using or they would have sent out an ISUalert because the gun looked like it might be real. They didn't.

Have you ever played paintball or lazer tag? They were doing that only they did it on ISU campus which was where they made the mistake. And as a freshman that hasn't been on campus long or gone through orientation or read all the rules for University property I can see why you would think carrying a BB gun with a couple buddies on central campus was harmless and wouldn't even realize it was against the rules.

Last edited:

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
This is starting to resemble the early stages of the out-of-control years in Iowa City.

Really, it would be nice to go a month without a story like this. Even freshmen can find better ways to entertain themselves in Ames. It's not that hard.

Its a sign of the times sir. A sign of the times.
I'm sure the exact reason is long and convoluted.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
All we know is he had a BB gun and got up to walk away after a cop told him to get on his knees or whatever.

What actions do you know happened that are 2 game suspension worthy? I think Rhoads does look at the whole situation and sees it for what it is, Nealy runs a few thousand yards for making a boneheaded decision (which didn't harm or put anyone at risk) and moves on.

At this point the only thing that he may have done that was an issue at all was IF he was one of the guys frisking people on central campus (who by the way they didn't hurt or take anything from). And even then it was clearly a BB gun they were using or they would have sent out an ISUalert because the gun looked like it might be real. They didn't.

Have you ever played paintball or lazer tag? They were doing that only they did it on ISU campus which was where they made the mistake. And as a freshman that hasn't been on campus long or gone through orientation or read all the rules for University property I can see why you would think carrying a BB gun with a couple buddies on central campus was harmless and wouldn't even realize it was wrong.

I don't even know what to say to that.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
Apparently he hasn't seen this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOXpyhM2wA"]YouTube - ‪A Christmas Story‬‏[/ame]

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008

Have you ever played paintball or lazer tag? They were doing that only they did it on ISU campus which was where they made the mistake. And as a freshman that hasn't been on campus long or gone through orientation or read all the rules for University property I can see why you would think carrying a BB gun with a couple buddies on central campus was harmless and wouldn't even realize it was against the rules.

I've played a ton of lazer tag as a kid and have never been frisked once. Except that one time but he's registered now.

Reactions: 00clone

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
True. And during a slow sports news time in Iowa my guess is that this gets beaten like a dead horse on KXnO and local media outlets.

Fortunately no one listens. It's been a month --- probably two --- since anyone here has brought up anything said on any of the Des Moines sports stations.

Perrault's M.O. is now clear: you have to be an insufferable doosh bag to get anyone to notice you on a low power station near the wrong end of the AM dial. You could have more listeners with a decent walkie talkie.

Last edited: