Chances of Phil Jackson coaching the Miami Heat?

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
To me I think if he comes back this will be the place. It seems like Phil's style. I set the chances at 10 percent

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
0.0%, I think if he came back anywhere it would be for the Knicks, but after reading Bill Simmons' column about him earlier this year, I would be shocked if he came back at all. His health is not up to spending another 100+ games a year sitting on the sideline and dealing with all the travel that comes with it.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
0.0%, I think if he came back anywhere it would be for the Knicks, but after reading Bill Simmons' column about him earlier this year, I would be shocked if he came back at all. His health is not up to spending another 100+ games a year sitting on the sideline and dealing with all the travel that comes with it.

If he joined LeBron and took the 4th quarter off, it's only around 75 games. Maybe his health would hold out :wink:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Phil's done coaching. Now, could he be an advisor? Certainly, but not a coach. Also, don't forget Pat Riley is in Miami. IMO, he did more with less than Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson is a mast in terms of controlling egos and getting great players to play well together but I would like to see what he would do with a "project" team.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Agree 100%. Maybe after a year off he'll be up to entertaining job offers again, but even then I'd say the odds are slim. He seems to have the demeanor of a guy who will be at peace with his career being over. Maybe if he could be some sort of part-time consultant, but I don't really see that happening.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
that would make sense. all the guy does is put himself into a team with the best players in all of the land

6 titles with jordan
3 titles with shaz/kobe
2 titles with kobe

i kind of hate that he is viewed as a god as a coach. he has had literally the best players of his coaching generation EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

why not the heat?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
that would make sense. all the guy does is put himself into a team with the best players in all of the land

6 titles with jordan
3 titles with shaz/kobe
2 titles with kobe

i kind of hate that he is viewed as a god as a coach. he has had literally the best players of his coaching generation EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

why not the heat?

So did Erik Spoelstra this season, just saying.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I actually don't think it's a ridiculous idea. I'd say it's less than 20% that he even coaches at all, especially next year. But the year after, after his body gets time to heal he might decide to come back. If he does, Miami would be at worst second on the list depending on what NY does in free agency.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I actually don't think it's a ridiculous idea. I'd say it's less than 20% that he even coaches at all, especially next year. But the year after, after his body gets time to heal he might decide to come back. If he does, Miami would be at worst second on the list depending on what NY does in free agency.

Pat Riley has a pretty big ego himself. If his protege Spoelstra wins with this team, he still gets all the credit. If Jackson comes in and wins, then Phil would get the credit. Riley won't let this happen, he'll coach the team himself before he hires Phil.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines

6 titles with jordan
3 titles with shaz/kobe
2 titles with kobe

why not the heat?

Name one NBA head coach that won a TITLE, let alone 10 without Hall of Fame Starters? Your list will be empty, just helping you out. If it was all players, why hasnt Lebron won a title yet? Why didnt Kobe win again this year? o yeah, cause its coaching and players, just like every other professional sport. Phil Jackson is an outstanding coach.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Pat Riley has a pretty big ego himself. If his protege Spoelstra wins with this team, he still gets all the credit. If Jackson comes in and wins, then Phil would get the credit. Riley won't let this happen, he'll coach the team himself before he hires Phil.

True, but Pat Riley doesn't own the team. If Spoelstra doesn't win next year, he won't get a year 3. Then it comes down to whether or not Riley wants to coach again or not. If he does, then the decision is easy. If he doesn't, I don't know how the ownership could pass on Jackson if he was interested.

clone26

Jan 30, 2009
DSM
www.explorethemetro.com
Name one NBA head coach that won a TITLE, let alone 10 without Hall of Fame Starters? Your list will be empty, just helping you out. If it was all players, why hasnt Lebron won a title yet? Why didnt Kobe win again this year? o yeah, cause its coaching and players, just like every other professional sport. Phil Jackson is an outstanding coach.

This.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

Larry Brown with the Pistons. Is there a Hall of Famer on that team?

Gregg Popovich is a great coach. He had Duncan who is a top 3 PF of all time IMO but the rest of his team was really good, not great.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron