Here we go again... KXNO can't talk about

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
Here we go again... KXNO can't talk about the iowa/nebraska rivalry without attacking Iowa State and our rivalry. First Kieth Murphy then Giggles and the other guy couldn't help using this announcement to discredit our program. Does anybody know why they feel the need to do this? Maybe they should talk about if a 5 almost 6 loss iowa team will even be able to compete with nebraska?

dudeabides

Jan 15, 2011
ankeny
Iowa and Nebraska have a rivalry?
I wasn't aware they'd even played yet.
Seems a little early to call it a rivalry, unless you're trying to manufacture one.
Maybe they can call it Farmageddon!

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Yes, it has turned into another "Iowa gets nothing out of playing Iowa State...if they win, they should've...if they lose, they're the laughing stock of the college football world" bash fest.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Anybody who really thinks the Iowa v Nebraska rivalry will be bigger in the state of Iowa than the ISU v Iowa one is an idiot. Go to work, ask your co-workers who they cheer for. It's ISU and Iowa, maybe a Nebraska fan here or there. The rivalry will be big but it won't get the work up like ISU v Iowa.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Can't fault them. There is excitement about the rivalry. With the Friday 2:30 time slot it could become a national marquee game. Something that can't be said about Iowa vs. Iowa State sometime relegated to Fox Sports Net. Throw in possible Division championships on the line and it sets up nicely.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What they don't understand that Nebraska will care little about Iowa. They won't freaking care. Iowa may think that this is the best thing since sliced bread, but Nebraska won't. They think they are better than Iowa.

In 5 years, this rivalry won't be nearly as big of a deal as they all think it will.

It's annoying, but it does cause me to switch the station fast.

brother bob

Feb 20, 2008
7 Seas of Rhye
Can't fault them. There is excitement about the rivalry. With the Friday 2:30 time slot it could become a national marquee game. Something that can't be said about Iowa vs. Iowa State sometime relegated to Fox Sports Net. Throw in possible Division championships on the line and it sets up nicely.

...still don't care!

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Turn on 1700 .... they were talking NCAA hoops. A little more timely conversation.

Talking ISU vs Iowa is too boring.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010

I really don't care if KXNO advocates for iowa but why do they feel the need to compare iowa by attacking iowa state? If iowa football is so great, why don't they let them stand alone on their own news day? The least they could do is compare them to nebraska since this is what the story's about...

mt85

Mar 24, 2006

Yeah those 1.8m people in Nebraska and 3.0m people in Iowa comprise such a large % of the 312.9m people in the United States that it can't help but be a marguee match up for the country.

Iowa and Nebraska fans have incredible egos. Maybe they should call this game the Inflated Egos Bowl.

Reactions: cysocool

mmiille

Jan 13, 2010
Ames, Iowa
Turn on 1700 .... they were talking NCAA hoops. A little more timely conversation.

Talking ISU vs Iowa is too boring.

I quit listening to kxno a while back when miller and deace kept talking about lost and other meaningless garbage. I do go back sometimes to see if its changed, but its like a soap opera. Same stuff different day. Marty is ok for short spurts. But I can't take his talking down to everyone. Winning!

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
I can honestly say I've never listened to sports talk radio. I will listen to Iowa or ISU games on the radio when I'm in the car, but as for just talk no thanks. I have some mix of 6 of Muse, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Pumpkins, CCR, Soundgarden, etc. in the changer so I prefer to listen to that. I couldn't really care less what some mouth on the radio thinks.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
Damn KXNO for not allowing me to enjoy my ISU Cyclones. Damn them for making me listen to their station. Those evil bastards.