Confidence key in Diante Garret's rejuvenated career

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
It's too bad DG has so many haters, he will really be missed next year.

A lot of idiots out there

I will add this. Diante Garrett this year, has had one of the best years by a Cyclone bball player. Some won't remember it b/c of the lack of wins, but he has been special. He's played tons of minutes and he always plays hard. DG's a stud!!!

Last edited:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
A lot of idiots out there

I will add this. Diante Garrett this year, has had one of the best years by a Cyclone bball player. Some won't remember it b/c of the lack of wins, but he has been special. He's played tons of minutes and he always plays hard. DG's a stud!!!

This!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It's too bad DG has so many haters, he will really be missed next year.

I will admit I was a hater. But DG has proven me wrong. If you look at his play his first 3 years it was spotty at best. He had trouble hitting shot and finishing, he also didnt get the ball where needed. But what a diffence a coach makes. He is a completly different player and one hell of a ball handler. He has been fun to watch play this season.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If it wasn't for DG (and Jake and Jamie) I would have been perfectly happy watching the team develop this year and would have been OK with the struggles. But I wanted 4 years of loyalty to be rewarded with some success for him. It was a rough 2 months to end the season, but it sure was a fun first 2 months. And we would be lost with out Diante. It sure seems like he has enjoyed this system and this year and that is so nice to see him look like he is having fun playing.

It was cool to hear his Dad on the postgame on Saturday too. Him and Diante's mom probably had a lot to due with the fact that DG stuck it out at Iowa State when so many bailed.

We will miss him a lot next year.

And remember that the game is at 6:30 on Wednesday. Senior Day stuff is before the game, so try to be there early to give him a good sendoff. It's not often we get to honor a 4 year player.

Reactions: CycloneErik

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If nothing else this year has at the very least earned him a roster spot on a summer league team.

Yeah and he'll make some money on a team in Europe, if nothing else happens.

nowncarolina

Oct 8, 2009
Very well written artcle. I liked the part about reaching as far to the basket as opposed to the high release. Makes sense. A lot of truth in this writeup. Good job Mr. Garret.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
It was cool to hear his Dad on the postgame on Saturday too. Him and Diante's mom probably had a lot to due with the fact that DG stuck it out at Iowa State when so many bailed.

I'm not too sure he would of stuck around his final year if McDermott was still here. I seem to remember some rumors floating around. His Dad even said Diante was pretty frustrated with the system. I wouldn't of blamed him at all as I didn't really blame Colvin. You have four short years to realize your dream and then get stuck in a system where you can't develop your skills. I think Fred is the biggest reason he stayed however. Fred had a vision for him and was able to sell him on it. Must of felt like he was let out of jail. All and all he is a class act and his loyalty looks to be paying off for him.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm not too sure he would of stuck around his final year if McDermott was still here. I seem to remember some rumors floating around. His Dad even said Diante was pretty frustrated with the system. I wouldn't of blamed him at all as I didn't really blame Colvin. You have four short years to realize your dream and then get stuck in a system where you can't develop your skills. I think Fred is the biggest reason he stayed however. Fred had a vision for him and was able to sell him on it. Must of felt like he was let out of jail. All and all he is a class act and his loyalty looks to be paying off for him.

That system was pretty clearly a poor fit for DG.

The way his dad talked, I got the idea that Diante had thought about it a few times over the years.

Of course, if he didn't, that would probably make him the only one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron