remote starters

5clones

Aug 5, 2010
Does anyone know someone who installs remote starters in manual transmiision cars? I bought both my husband and my son the starters last year for Christmas. However, the guy who was going to install them hasn't done it yet and my husband asked if it could be installed for his present this year. Needless to say, I haven't been able to find anyone who puts them on manual transmissions so I thought I'd post this to see if anyone has some good suggestions for me.

Thanks!
:rolleyes:

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Does anyone know someone who installs remote starters in manual transmiision cars? I bought both my husband and my son the starters last year for Christmas. However, the guy who was going to install them hasn't done it yet and my husband asked if it could be installed for his present this year. Needless to say, I haven't been able to find anyone who puts them on manual transmissions so I thought I'd post this to see if anyone has some good suggestions for me.

Thanks!
What kind of wife buys a remote starter and then tells her husband he can wait until the next Christmas to have it installed?

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
Does anyone know someone who installs remote starters in manual transmiision cars?
Thanks!

There are some people on here with over 30,000 posts so you can rest assured that every topic you can think of has been discussed at some point.

The only advice I'll offer was what my grandpa said about remote starters. "When I get so lazy I can't tell one of my kids to go start the car, you can put me in pine box." Anybody I recommend would likely scare you with his travel cost.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/off-topic/79345-remote-car-starters.html#post1497241

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
There are some people on here with over 30,000 posts so you can rest assured that every topic you can think of has been discussed at some point.

The only advice I'll offer was what my grandpa said about remote starters. "When I get so lazy I can't tell one of my kids to go start the car, you can put me in pine box." Anybody I recommend would likely scare you with his travel cost.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/off-topic/79345-remote-car-starters.html#post1497241

I don't have kids, and I can only get revkah to go out there so many times. At some point, I need to start it.

For that, I have the remote starter.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

You may not believe it, but someone has been killed by a remote starter when he was run over.:mad:
Trucked Up | SPIKE

5clones

Aug 5, 2010
What kind of wife buys a remote starter and then tells her husband he can wait until the next Christmas to have it installed?

Well, I thought I was being a wonderful wife & Mom when I bought them but didn't have the foresight to know that the guy who was going to install them for me was going to have family medical issues come up. Thanks to the other guys who suggested a link to the other posts on remote starters however they don't mention anything about getting them on manual transmissions. Thanks for any help you can give me.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I don't know of anyone that installs on manual transmissions ... sorry.

but I have on each vehicle I currently own and will have one on every vehicle I own in the future.

-keep

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA

Thanks!

If anyone does in dsm metro, it would be these guys:
Ford & Garland | Car Audio & Speakers | Sound Systems | Des Moines, Iowa

Klonz

Nov 9, 2006
Grimes, IA
THanks for the suggestion. I just called them & they don't do them on manual transmission but I appreciate the suggestion.

It may not be "legal" to install on a manual transmission - what happens when someone forgets to put the car in neutral - hits the remote start button and the car takes off and runs into someone or something???

Perhaps best to resell the units on Ebay or CraigsList and find a new Christmas gift!

Sorry to be a downer - but the liability is real.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Anyone had any good/bad luck with best buy doing it? They carry the viper system that you can start with a iphone/droid app. That would be really handy.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Anyone had any good/bad luck with best buy doing it? They carry the viper system that you can start with an iphone/droid app. That would be really handy.

I have not, I have used local car audio/detail shops to install them ... but I am intriguing about the app remote start....

-keep

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
THanks for the suggestion. I just called them & they don't do them on manual transmission but I appreciate the suggestion.

Where are you located? I know that Accurate Auto Trim here in Ames installs remote starters but not exactly sure if they do on manuals. I know they do a ton of accessories for cars so you may want to try them if you are around central Iowa

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Anyone had any good/bad luck with best buy doing it? They carry the viper system that you can start with a iphone/droid app. That would be really handy.

If you want a viper, just go to the experts, like ford and garland, not the geek squad. I avoid best buy at all costs.... I wouldnt go cheap on a remote start installation, they are complex nowadays with so much electronics involved in vehicles..

REDCYBIRD

Mar 27, 2006
Ames, Iowa
It may not be "legal" to install on a manual transmission - what happens when someone forgets to put the car in neutral - hits the remote start button and the car takes off and runs into someone or something???

Perhaps best to resell the units on Ebay or CraigsList and find a new Christmas gift!

Sorry to be a downer - but the liability is real.

I suggest Google then read all the mishaps that occur when someone "forgot" to put car in neutral and set the brake.. I agree -- get rid of them and find something else.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I can see it now. Someone hacks into your iphone and steals your car.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron