To Brent Blum

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Can you look into posting your articles on Des Moines register? I am man enough to admit that I have a crush on the way you articulate Iowa State. You are among the very best writers or bloggers. My hats off to you! I love your articles, especially "Steady Rhoads".

I agree 100% that Paul Rhoads needs to stay as our head coach - even if we don't win any more games this season. Our head coach needs the same amount of support as Danny Mac got for many years. We are Iowa State, success does not come to us right away. We are not Texas. We need to keep our ego in check and give CPR more time.

Enough said. Go Blum! Go Cyclones!

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
You either need a big hug or you have to poop. You seem awful grumpy as of late.
Not at all actually. Not sure why you say that.
I just laugh when people say things like the OP. When I quit journalism and moved to Des Moines, everybody would say "you should go work at the Register" or "you should freelance for the Register" or something to that effect.
Like I could just walk in and ask where my desk is at.

Reactions: bos

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Agreed. GC, have you ever smoked pot?
Yeah, just gave me the munchies. Lord knows I don't need that.
black-sheep-20090511023507198-000.jpg

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I just laugh when people say things like the OP. When I quit journalism and moved to Des Moines, everybody would say "you should go work at the Register" or "you should freelance for the Register" or something to that effect.

You should do this; but **** the Register.

You should do it for yourself man...yourself.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Can you look into posting your articles on Des Moines register? I am man enough to admit that I have a crush on the way you articulate Iowa State. You are among the very best writers or bloggers. My hats off to you! I love your articles, especially "Steady Rhoads".

I agree 100% that Paul Rhoads needs to stay as our head coach - even if we don't win any more games this season. Our head coach needs the same amount of support as Danny Mac got for many years. We are Iowa State, success does not come to us right away. We are not Texas. We need to keep our ego in check and give CPR more time.

Enough said. Go Blum! Go Cyclones!
He could send the article in (modified slightly) as a "Letter to the Sports Editor".

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
I really hope that Brent find's a permanent full-time gig somewhere in the state. Seems as though he is living on a lot of one nighters. Don't want to lose him to greener pastures!

CYinPA

Oct 18, 2010

Didn't Steve Deace basically do this?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Lord knows that place could use some good writters and some people that will give ISU a fair shake. Brent fits both of those needs very nicely.