Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Hey folks, stop using drugs in front of your kids. I dont care about your stance on marijuana. Its illegal right now and you arent doing your kids favors by performing illegal activities in your home in front of them. No brainer. Obviously the kid is smarter.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Kids are impressionable. They tend to blab about anything and everything. Like when my kids tell my wife about my less than stellar phrasing of drivers ahead of me when driving. So naturally they want to do what they are taught is right.

Reactions: TykeClone

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
The kid might have done what he was told, however the larger issue is, is this kid better off in with a foster home now, or with his parents that partake in a nonviolent activity that is less harmful than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. I would argue the latter.

Reactions: cytech

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Alcohol is a very dirty drug. Poison really(as with everything, moderation okay). MJ is so mild by comparison and if our society would get educated about the substance, we will be better off and maybe save/make money by legalizing it. Big Pharma, Phillip Morris, and the Alcohol lobbies will insure MJ remains illegal. Legal substances like nicotine and Caffiene (Thats right, it shuts down one part of your immune system and ups another, creating an imbalance which sets the stage for one of the multiple negative auto immune scenarios to creep in ) are are more harmful on you body chem. than MJ. With that said, I don't think it is a good idea to drink in front of kids or use MJ around kids.

Last edited:

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
The kid might have done what he was told, however the larger issue is, is this kid better off in with a foster home now.

Article said he was staying with relatives. He might be better off with family members that don't smoke pot. Who knows.

I just hope my kids don't snoop through my stuff when I am not at home:eek:

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Whatcha expect? DARE teaches kids at school that alcohol and MJ are the equivalent of Heroin and Meth. Kids will believe anything authority figures tell them and they don't understand that some regulations passed by the gov't are wrong.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Whatcha expect? DARE teaches kids at school that alcohol and MJ are the equivalent of Heroin and Meth. Kids will believe anything authority figures tell them and they don't understand that some regulations passed by the gov't are wrong.

Ask the toddler who was duct taped to the wall in Nebraska while his parents were high what he thinks about his parents smoking pot.

Not saying it is a super dangerous drug but it's not like just drinking kool aid either.

Reactions: SenorCy

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Ask the toddler who was duct taped to the wall in Nebraska while his parents were high what he thinks about his parents smoking pot.

Not saying it is a super dangerous drug but it's not like just drinking kool aid either.

Wasn't those Nebraska idiots doing meth when the duct tape incident happened?

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I thought it was weed but you may be right. Don't want to go find the story because that picture of the kid duct taped almost makes me cry every time I see it. And apparently the kids is back with the mom already.

I actually did a Google search and couldn't find the drug of choice they used, just said they were high. I believe the kid is back with the mom now as she cut a plea deal to testify against the boyfriend about some stolen guns.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
If a kid is willing to get their parents arrested, more is going on between them than we will ever know. Just the idea that a kid would snitch on their parents after watching a DARE presentation is insane. Those parents have done something to get this kid going like this.

DHS will investigate, fines will be levied, and the kid will be returned to his parents.

Advise to parents: Lock up your stash.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Article said he was staying with relatives. He might be better off with family members that don't smoke pot. Who knows.

I just hope my kids don't snoop through my stuff when I am not at home:eek:

better get rid of your stash before Christmas.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron