Tiller needs a Break.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I figured the Adjusted Net Yards per Pass Attempt for both Arnaud and Tiller so far this year. I took total passing yards and then subtracted sack yardage (per ESPN play-by-play) and subtracted 40 yards per interception, then divided by the total attempts. The results?

Arnaud: 3.321 ANY/PA
Tiller: 2.783 ANY/PA

So just to continue to belabor the point, both quarterbacks are performing poorly but Arnaud appears to be better right now.

Arnaud did that against a top 5 defense, a Big 12 team that is undefeated, and a good Northern Illinois team.

Tiller did that against UNI. A below average UNI team with a bad defense

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
No he doesn't. He is not our best option to win football games. Period. You are actually saying he is the best option to not lose. That's great if the rest of our team is better than the other which they will not be with the exception of maybe 2-3 games. You have voiced your opinion on this numerous times. We get it. You like Tiller. One touchdown against UNI all because of a fake FG will not cut it. If you think that he proved himself against UNI you are delusional and I suspect have some sort of a grudge toward Arnaud. Tiller is bad right now. He has proven it. Get over it, watch every game over again and admit Arnaud unquestionably gives us a better shot to win.

No. You clearly dont know what im talking about. I dont care if Tiller is the QB or if its Capello I just know that Tiller has not had all the opportunities that Arnaud has, and Arnaud has played like its his first day every week turning the ball over, so many bad throws. I can except it if its someone who is still learning but If you think that a 5th year SR that cant even do the simple QB tasks is the good option you are wrong.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
No he doesn't. He is not our best option to win football games. Period. You are actually saying he is the best option to not lose. That's great if the rest of our team is better than the other which they will not be with the exception of maybe 2-3 games. You have voiced your opinion on this numerous times. We get it. You like Tiller. One touchdown against UNI all because of a fake FG will not cut it. If you think that he proved himself against UNI you are delusional and I suspect have some sort of a grudge toward Arnaud. Tiller is bad right now. He has proven it. Get over it, watch every game over again and admit Arnaud unquestionably gives us a better shot to win.
Tiller is not that bad. he actually can float a ball in over the defense. He was being chased pretty good by the Panthers all night (oline was having problems). Both of our qbs are not diamonds in the rough throwing on the run. Again,, some of the passes were deliberate overthrows to avoid interceptions. Tiller managed the game and it worked out. We did not get behind in the game and have to go to super scramble mode.

Last edited:

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
Bar at noon on a Wednesday afternoon huh? We know what we are talking about. We know that Tiller has a 50%completion percentage and throws a quarter of his balls to Tacopants (google it). He does not throw the ball well. He hesitates on the option and the coaches don't have the faith in him so the playcalling is limited. Get a damn clue. Look at the stats. In his three starts he has been bad each one. Sure, he's 2-1 but as mentioned above, there have been 13 turnovers forced in those games. Just because you don't like AA doesn't mean you can't be objective and see that. If you can't then I suppose you can stay at the bar, perhaps throw on a Hawkeye shirt and become the typical Tavernhawk who will call for the starting QBs head any chance they get.
:biglaugh:

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I think we need to give Tiller some time. He does many things well. like managing the game and not turning the ball over. I would much rather have a pass over thrown then intercepted. Plus he has only started two games. Neb and a&m
Yes, seriously. Everyone (seemingly) wanted him to get a shot, then he does and they want to give up on him after one game! I want to see what he can do when he settles down, he was obviously jacked up Saturday night and overthrowing everything.

Lloyd88

Jun 5, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa
I think you need to realize that both are Qb's are not that great, and the AA is our best option.

Best quote of the thread.

We have no one in our stables that will come out and operate this offense the way it was meant to be run....and our WR are part of the poor output.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Do you honestly think that Tiller has the same # of pages in the playbook available to him as Arnaud? My guess is that Arnaud took the majority of practice snaps up until UNI. When Jerome took over the majority, you can't just expect him to perform all plays that he has not yet attempted.
FWIW- CPR said Arnaud didn't throw until wednesday last week. Thea means Tiller got most of the snaps last week and all of them(unless Capello got some) until wednesday. I would guess they split snaps the res of the week with Arnaud's health being uncertain.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
there is no point in talking to guys. Im just going to stay at the bar and talk to people who know what they are talking about. not just a bunch college kids who know nothing. and yet still have their lips pressed upon Arnauds ***.
Hell yeah! That's where everyone goes to have intelligent conversations.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I never thought I'd see the day someone gave UNIGuy4Cy a run for his money on the idiot of the board, but hats off to RedBlooded for trying.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Tiller is not that bad. he actually can float a ball in over the defense. He was being chased pretty good by the Panthers all night (oline was having problems). Both of our qbs are not diamonds in the rough throwing on the run. Again,, some of the passes were deliberate overthrows to avoid interceptions. Tiller managed the game and it worked out. We did not get behind in the game and have to go to super scramble mode.

This is interesting to me as it implies that the reason we get behind is due to Arnaud. Is that what you are implying?
If so, can you name a game this year where we got behind due to Arnaud's play? I can't. NIU, we were never behind. Against iowa, were were down 21 points by the time Arnaud threw his third pass. His first two passes were catchable balls. KSU, we had a ball dropped for a first down and then one bad pass and punted. But we never got down by more than three. I think we were even leading when we started the fourth

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I think we need to give Tiller some time. He does many things well. like managing the game and not turning the ball over. I would much rather have a pass over thrown then intercepted. Plus he has only started two games. Neb and a&m
2= does many things well...gotcha I guess I did't know 2 equals many things

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
You guys are right. Im the idiot for wanting to get Tiller more than one game of experience before i judge him. :jimlad:
You guys are right Tiller only deserves one game this season and he got. he blew it by having low stats and now its time to go back.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
You guys are right. Im the idiot for wanting to get Tiller more than one game of experience before i judge him. :jimlad:
You guys are right Tiller only deserves one game this season and he got. he blew it by having low stats and now its time to go back.
He had two last year and showed the same.

Two questions
  1. Do you think Tiller gives us the best chance to win right now if both QBs are healthy?
  2. If not then why on earth play him? If so, did you actually watch the UNI game?

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive

The point is to win games however best we can, not give Tiller more time so we fans can judge him. That's what the coaches have already done in practice.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron