Ham - Just Dunk it!

schidj

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I hope Hamilton gets a little more aggressive next year and starts dunking those layups he had blocked this year.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I agree. ..I'm hoping they're going to start working with him any day now on his strength. He has the opportunity in my opinion, to be pretty good, but he's too weak right now. People just easily rip the ball from his hands, but he has a nice jump shot..if he was STRONG, it would be awesome.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
He doesn't have athletic explosiveness to dunk quickly...he needs to gather himself it appears and often that allows defenders to recover.

I think he is more comfortable with the layups for fear of getting rim stuffed as well.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
He has the potential to be all Big-12, no joke. He improved a lot this year. Get a little more aggressive and stay out of foul trouble, he could be creating havoc for other teams next year...

The development of LaRon and Jaime coming back will also be a great addition for Ham...

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Ham averaged less than 4 field goal attempts per game this year, probably half of those on Brackins double team assists. To increase his scoring average next year he will have to add the 8-10 ft jump shot to his game.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Back off Ham...It will be very clear soon what Ham was struggling with and should be respected for it.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Ham averaged less than 4 field goal attempts per game this year, probably half of those on Brackins double team assists. To increase his scoring average next year he will have to add the 8-10 ft jump shot to his game.

That will change. He may be our go to guy next year.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Back off Ham...It will be very clear soon what Ham was struggling with and should be respected for it.

Huh?

I didn't know Ham was "struggling" with anything. He looked pretty healthy to me.

adding: why is this a secret? there's nothing to hide anymore, no one has to play "i know something you don't know" on this.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
He has the talent to be a very good player, but need someone to light a fire under him.

I think he has fire..what he needs is strength. Anybody with at least one eye can see players were ripping balls out of his hands all year long and him at the hoop with someone stronger was a 50-50 outcome.

The guy has a good jump shot, can shoot FTs, and can sometimes rebound. He has loads of potential, he just needs to step it up as a guy who's 6'11" and 260 pounds. He needs to be able to go on the inside and attack, attack, attack. There's no reason someone with his size shouldn't be able to do that.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
I think he has fire..what he needs is strength. Anybody with at least one eye can see players were ripping balls out of his hands all year long and him at the hoop with someone stronger was a 50-50 outcome.

I suspect you could give him some pointers on how to hang onto balls.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Any other team nagging injuries besides Ham?

Maybe this is why he did not play as much in second half after doing a lot of playtime in the first half.