MLB: Andre Dawson Going In the HofF as an Expo

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

agronclone

Jul 25, 2009
des moines
good. he was a big time player for the cubs, but he did more for the expos than he did for the cubs. he had his best season as a cub, but the bulk of his career he was an expo. that team should be remembered in the hof, and this will help out tremendously in that effort.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I'm still not sure the Expos ever existed, and I used to watch their games.

What was the year of the big strike? Like '94-'95? The Expos were in First place Big time in their division right? Then the season ended. Oh man, that had to suck for the French-Canadians.....oh wait, they never cared.

Still though, that had to blow for them. And, ESPN had that "computer-pick 'em" and they won the simulated World Series - hey, they had that going for them though..... computers loved that team.

1994 World Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1994_World_Series.gif
1211_feature.gif

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
What was the year of the big strike? Like '94-'95? The Expos were in First place Big time in their division right? Then the season ended. Oh man, that had to suck for the French-Canadians.....oh wait, they never cared.

Still though, that had to blow for them. And, ESPN had that "computer-pick 'em" and they won the simulated World Series - hey, they had that going for them though..... computers loved that team.

1994_World_Series.gif
1211_feature.gif

They also won their division back in the strike-shortened 1981 season.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines

1994_World_Series.gif
1211_feature.gif

Ok, since we're on the subject of the Expos, what is up with that logo? I've always tried to figure out what it is exactly. Maybe someone can give some different perspective of it but I always thought it looked like it said "elb." But now that I look at it again, I guess it could look like a capital M, which makes more sense.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
just another kick in the nuts to cub fans

I can understand your feelings. As a White Sox fan I was not happy when Carlton Fisk entered the Hall with a Red Sox cap...and worse...he chose to do that! That hurt!

I know everyone on the east coast forgot he played for the White Sox...but he was the face of our franchise for a decade...and played more games in White Sox than he did Red Sox! Oh well...I got over it and I still think of him being a great ambassador of the game!

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Ok, since we're on the subject of the Expos, what is up with that logo? I've always tried to figure out what it is exactly. Maybe someone can give some different perspective of it but I always thought it looked like it said "elb." But now that I look at it again, I guess it could look like a capital M, which makes more sense.

According to wikipedia it is a stylized M for Montreal that also contains a red "e" for expos and blue "b" for baseball.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron